STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Handlers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Maintain inventory levels by identifying, labeling, stocking and recording materials and supplies.
- Transport heavy material using a forklift both inside and outside of buildings.
- Determine production requirements by obtaining work orders.
- Verify items and quantities on packing slips and receive or ship as necessary.
- Package materials and parts in various containers for safe shipment to internal and external customers.
- Communicate with internal customers while responding to material requests
- Develop bills of lading (loading) and delivery forms.
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Cycle count inventory as requested by supervisor.
- Learn and utilize current inventory computer system.
- Sort items according to destination and verify all items match with the purchase order.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or 7 days a week
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Ability to become forklift certified to operate a forklift/tugger to receive and deliver parts safely and efficiently
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to an ever-changing environment and processes
- Able to adapt to an ever-changing environment and processes
- Experience using warehouse technology or electronics
- Experience with ship confirming
- Previous material handling experience
- Previous experience directly working with material handling equipment (forklift, tugger, etc.), inventory management in a warehouse or manufacturing environment
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Safety glasses and safety shoes required at all times. Respirator required when painting and during some paint prep activities. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- On-the-job training
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.