MRB Liaison Engineers (Structures)
MRB Liaison Engineers (Structures)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Review Board Liaison Engineers – Structures in Melbourne, Florida.
Provide product engineering support for production assembly line and production flights as related to aircraft interior assembly and engineering.
Primary Job Functions:
- Functional analysis for product non-conformities based on design criteria and certification reports of aircraft interior issues.
- Assigns responsibility for technical dispositions of non-conformities for the above systems on production line.
- Evaluate Technical dispositions impact on production schedules, safety, quality aspects, documentation and costs/benefits involved.
- Direct interface with other internal/external engineering areas involved on non-conformity analysis.
- Substantiate the approval of non-conformities considered “major” and present it for the local authorities as required.
- Elaborate dispositions for non-conformities detected on supplier components in case of
- design responsibility.
- Validate supplier’s dispositions for non-conformities in case such supplier is not delegated as MRB.
- Start a design revision process with engineering staff for those cases which the disposition will affect interchangeability or maintainability of the product.
- Provide engineering support for trouble shootings on production line and production flights.
- Participate on production flights for engineering analysis.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline required (Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace, or Aeronautical).
- Masters degree preferred.
- Consultant Level Individual Contributor on a functional group.
- Generally 8-10 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline in an aerospace engineering related field.
- 2-3 years of recent experience in aircraft industries, design industries preferred.
- Interior design and certification experience preferred.
- Aircraft operation/maintenance (MCC) or production line experience desired (professional levels).
- Prior MRB authorization preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge in a specialty area and in all other interrelated tasks and responsibilities of the job function.
- Role takes leadership for applying new processes and skills to improve the function’s status quo.
- Ability to analyze and interpret company products (e.g., analyzing and troubleshooting aircraft systems problems).
- Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures
- Understands governing regulations and compliance requirements.
- Ability to assess and document test or analysis data to show compliance.
- Able to apply a complete understanding of computer aided design tools and systems (e.g. Computer aided design/computer aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM); computer aided three dimensional interactive (CATIA), Mentor Graphics, Unigraphics.
- Skills to build and manipulate data sets, (e.g., compare CATIA to measurement data).
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly).
- Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics).
- Complete knowledge of the interaction between departments/ disciplines and how their products/processes affect one another and impact non-engineering processes (e.g., Operations, Logistics, Business).
- Understands basic concepts related to statistic and planning (Target Program management), people management (HR guidelines, tools & policies).
- Comprehends value based management fundamentals (Shareholder Satisfaction x Customer Satisfaction x Employee Satisfaction), employment law (sexual harassment, disability, discrimination, labor laws, etc.).
- Proficient in lotus notes, internet explorer, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access), SAP
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.