Material Review Board Liaison Engineers (Aircraft Systems)
Material Review Board Liaison Engineers (Aircraft Systems)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Review Board Liaison Engineers in Melbourne, Florida.
Provide Material Review Board (MRB) engineering support for production line and flights as related Avionics and Electrical Systems (Avionics, CMS, Lighting, power Generation/distribution, Engine control, Entertainment, Fly-ByWire, etc ) issues.
Hiring Note: This is a second shift position with hours from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Primary Job Functions:
- Perform functional analysis for non-conformities based on design criteria and certification reports of Mechanical / Propulsion systems issues.
- Aligns responsibility for technical dispositions of non-conformities.
- Evaluate technical dispositions impact on production schedules, safety, quality aspects, documentation and costs/benefits involved.
- Direct interface with other internal/external engineering areas involved with non-conformity analysis.
- Substantiate the approval of non-conformities considered “major” and present it for the local authorities as required.
- Facilitate dispositions for non-conformities detected on supplier components in case of design responsibility.
- Validate supplier’s dispositions for non-conformities in case such supplier is not delegated as MRB.
- Initiate the design revision process for those cases in which the disposition will affect interchangeability or maintainability of the product.
- Process small drawing changes to correct any repetitive Non-Conformance MRB issues on the production Line.
- Provide engineering support for trouble shooting on production line and production flights.
- Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems
- Responsible for compiling analytical results into a report format for customer review and approval.
- Ensure project related engineering data is in compliance with corporate policies and certification requirements
- Assigns responsibility for technical dispositions of non-conformities for the above systems on production line.
- Elaborate dispositions for non-conformities detected on supplier components in case of design responsibility.
- Start design revision process with engineering staff for those cases which the disposition will affect interchangeability or maintainability of the product.
- Ensure project related engineering data is in compliance with corporate policies and certification requirements.
- Provide mentorship, training, and guidance for junior engineers.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline is required (Electrical or Aerospace)
- Consultant Level Individual Contributor on a functional group.
- Generally 3-5 years of experience in an aircraft systems functional discipline in an aerospace engineering related field.
- Recent experience in aircraft systems.
- Aircraft operation/maintenance (MCC) or production line experience desired (professional levels).
- Prior MRB authorization preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with Rockwell, Honeywell, and Garmin (G1000/3000) Avionics and Electrical systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret company products (e.g., analyzing and troubleshooting aircraft systems problems).
- Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures.
- Understands governing regulations and compliance requirements.
- RBAC23, Part 23. Part 25 (Airworthiness Standards);
- ICAO doc 9760 (Airworthiness Manual).
- Ability to assess and document test or analysis data to show compliance.
- Skills to build and manipulate data sets, (e.g., compare CATIA to measurement data).
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly).
- Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics.
- Familiarity with CATIA V5–Understanding of drawing practices, material properties, and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft primary and secondary manufacturing, installation, and repair.
- Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft office applications.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast paced team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Customer focused with good relationship building skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills.
- Portuguese or Spanish language skills a plus.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.