Material Specialists ($1,500 Sign-On Bonus)
Material Specialists ($1,500 Sign-On Bonus)STS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Specialists in Greencastle, Pennsylvania.
- Weekend: Fri, Sat & Sun | 5am to 5pm (40 hours paid +potential weekday OT)
Assist in the management of all material inbound and outbound traffic, auditing, inventory control and related activities to ensure efficient and timely delivery of materials and services. Supports warehouse and manufacturing operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Duties can vary based on Shipping, Receiving, Auditor and/or Inventory Control focus
- Follow procedures specific to the Shipping, Receiving, Auditing and/or Inventory Control processes.
- Develop and manage the flow of materials between plants and off-site stored materials. Update MAPICS database with required information
- Train employees on the process for shipping, receiving, charges, rejects, consumption of materials, Kanban, and RF equipment
- Organize and execute auditing activities and special inventory counts
- Serve as internal production planner for manufactured items within assigned location; includes maintaining work orders, release of work orders, production schedules, sales change materials management, and actioning reschedules.
- Research and determine cause of errors and communicate errors using a corrective action form.
- Conduct a monthly bill of materials, back flush deduction, and location maintenance audits. End of life part maintenance and disposition.
- Partner with internal and external customers on a daily basis with the maximum level of customer service to ensure timely and satisfactory results.
- Audit inventory programs, review daily shortages due to inventory errors and determine causes and corrective actions
- Monitor inventory levels at assigned plant to include safety stock, WIP, obsolete, and production stock
- Work with supply base to establish Kanban and other alternative procurement methods
- Operates forklift or picker to move material within areas including staging area into shipping container/trailers, receiving areas and/or to the stocking locations.
Every Employee is Expected To:
- Complete all required paperwork including labor reporting and documentation of quality control and material movement.
- Work safely and maintain the work area with high standards of housekeeping.
- Perform self-inspection and other required quality control functions at the employee’s workstation.
- Perform required Preventative Maintenance activities on machinery and/or equipment operated.
- Train and/or assist in the development of personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervision.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma plus additional related technical school training
- Three (3) to five (5) years of warehouse experience
- Make general decisions regarding quality, tolerances, requiring judgment
- Proficient in blueprint reading, mathematical, analytical and mechanical skills
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Economics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Sign-on and referral bonus opportunities
- Shift Premiums for 2nd & 3rd shifts
- Twice-yearly merit reviews (up to $1.20 every 12 months) + Annual performance bonus
- Tuition reimbursement toward degree programs of up to $10k annually.
- Medical Benefits, HAS, FSA, Dental, Vision
- 401K +employee match
- PTO: 80 hours in first full year of employment +11 paid Holidays each year
- Company-funded Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Company paid safety footwear and safety prescription eyewear programs
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.