Material Support & Services Agents
Material Support & Services AgentsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Support & Services Agents in Irwindale, California!
Material Support & Services Agent is responsible to assure the highest level of support to our Customers through order taking, monitoring backorder and repair order management, loans, rentals, exchanges and reconciliations, as well as to handle all Supplier issues regarding parts repair and material solutions for expediting critical repairs, maximizing the efficiency of our client’s inventory and overall material costs.
- Handles customer issues regarding material services activities.
- Provides timely and accurate information on operators repair order status.
- Handles internal administration for customer inquiries – open notifications, data input into computer system.
- Communicates and follows up with co-workers, or appropriate internal department to resolve customer issues concerning exchanges, rental, new part returns.
- Contacts customer when necessary to advice on delay or any necessary information regarding orders.
- Reviews customer orders and controls any backorders.
- Checks on status of purchase orders.
- Follows up on pricing questions and issues.
- Works closely with co-workers to determine TAT (turnaround time) and communicate this to the customer.
- Provides feedback to his/her superior on any customer concerns not able to be addressed.
- Follows up with co-workers in other units regarding any issues of quantities, technical specifications, aircraft model/type, serial numbers, customer code, delivery deadline/urgency, stock availability, price, etc.
- Makes necessary corrections, modifications and/or information additions.
- Analyzes clients’ order requests, special projects & produce reports and follows-up / controls.
- Carries out the documents distribution and filing; price follow-up / control and constant database update.
- Provide AOG Support for exchanges from repair stations on repairs or core units.
- Works with system (SAP 4.7) to process history of part and to assign appropriate cost controls.
- Works with the Product Support Agreement (PSA) group in SJK to coordinate contract obligations from the repair facilities and OEMs.
- Repair capabilities from the newer A/C’s being obtained from the OEM’s and approved repaired stations.
- Negotiate TAT terms and service levels for repair stations not in a contract with our client
- Use of web tool for reports and material analysis concerning the repair management process.
- Works with other areas (Quality, Engineering, and Material Services), and internally with co-workers, as required, for data collection and verification.
- Interfaces with other area (technical department) to obtain technical information and support for repair analysis.
- Assists in administering component and aircraft repair and overhaul agreements, contracts and checks commitments.
- Ensures components are forwarded to only approved/authorized service vendors.
- Handles all correspondence and communication to repair stations. Returns authorization issuance.
- Provides timely responses to the customer care agents. Tracks and monitors TAT (turnaround time).
- Reduce TAT while lowering costs through contract compliance and supplier agreements in order to process customer repairs in shortest period of time of material support programs and services.
- Work assignments are supervised
- Some independent judgment is exercised within clearly recognized standards of work
- Inputs are regularly reviewed with supervisor
- High School Diploma
- FLSA Non-Exempt, Intermediate Level Service, Production or Support Worker role requiring basic skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the function
- Generally 1-4 years of experience in customer relations, parts warranty and repair services activities
- Assignments require basic knowledge of a technical or functional area
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the functional area takes place
- Aircraft familiarization
- Demonstrate negotiation techniques, and customer services techniques
- Warranty and repair technical analysis and evaluation
- Good communication skills
- Comprehends value based management fundamentals (Shareholder Satisfaction x Customer Satisfaction x Employee Satisfaction), employment law (sexual harassment, disability, discrimination, labor laws, etc.)
- Proficient in lotus notes, internet explorer, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access), and SAP
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.