Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Materials Manager in West Bend, Wisconsin to execute, develop and improve standard processes for each plant as it relates to ongoing management of material planning, inventory control, scheduling, and purchasing functions including, production planning, procurement, storage and distribution of material and product to meet customer expectations and to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. This requires the ability to proactively identify issues and implement process improvements in material planning.
In this role, you will be required to drive activities critical to performance by managing various projects to instill excellence and best practices. The materials manager is also responsible to control department expenses, increase productivity, elevate service to our customers, and further our competitive advantage in the industry. The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive knowledge of manufacturing operations and cost structures. Standardization of processes will encompass the below responsibilities.
- Works with commercial teams and plant operations managers to develop production plans and forecasts through S&OP that support site revenue targets.
- Ensures proper production control, planning, and scheduling processes are in place to meet revenue targets and to balance the level of manpower and machine requirements. Monitors compliance to the processes and makes certain that deviations to the process are investigated and properly followed up.
- Develop systems/processes to ensure timely and accurate response to customer’s orders.
- Work closely with operations managers to develop production plans and forecasts.
- Establish and maintain purchasing practices and policies aligned with SCSP guidelines to ensure honest, fair and ethical relationships with vendors. Keeps informed on legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
- In partnership with Supply Chain, responsible for continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery.
- Coordinate and implement corporate transportation management initiatives with sites and develop improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate and implement corporate tariff management initiatives with sites and develop improvement opportunities.
- Support Supply Chain crisis management with tactical teams, define root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Coordinate new product implementations between Strategic Sourcing and tactical teams.
- Develop and implement processes that optimize inventory levels to ensure on-time delivery of requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- PFEP champion.
- Responsible for inventory reporting, action plans and year over year improvement.
- Identify PPV opportunities through SC analysis (PFEP), develop projects for execution, and manage PPV projects as assigned.
- Develops and implements visual inventory management systems on the production floor and in materials department.
- Build strong strategic relationships with all levels of management.
- Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth.
- Developing internal talent, coach and mentor staff.
- Review/monitor departmental KPIs and strategy deployment (SD) initiatives and develop recovery/improvement opportunities.
- Manage departmental expenses and appropriation requests within budget while focusing on continuous improvement opportunities.
- Supports plant safety rules.
- Manage safety as an equal to other key functions.
- Provide support and guidance on major issues and monitor departmental action items to ensure timely and effective correction.
- Attain targets and goals driving KPIs and Plant Metric Targets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline. Experience in lieu of bachelor’s degree may be considered. Continuing education activity beneficial.
- 7 years’ experience in relevant roles.
- APICS CPIM certification preferred.
- Experience utilizing SQL Program, as well as navigating, leveraging features and effectively utilizing reporting/outputs of ERP systems is required.
- Experience applying tools of MS Office suite.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.