Materials Purchasing / Tools Specialists
Materials Purchasing / Tools SpecialistsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Materials Purchasing / Tools Specialists in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
To provide accurate tooling/ aircraft parts/ materials in a safe and efficient manner, to the Repair Station floor personnel. To maintain the stock and inventory in the designated storage area. To purchase quality goods and services, in compliance with cost controls, ethics, and purchasing standards.
- Receives and responds to material order requisitions and purchase orders to provide and or / obtain information from vendors. Determines best supply source by analyzing: best price & delivery method via Internet and media.
- Identifies the most cost effective product or service, and economical/reliable inbound transportation method. Identifies new vendors in order to meet required and future needs of the company.
- Reviews with vendor: cost, quantity, quality, delivery deadline, and schedule of payment for materials and services.
- Enters and updates material requests and new vendors in Quantum.
- Obtains proper approval authorization for purchase requisition processing, and converts material requests to purchase orders upon approval.
- Ensures compliance of purchase order requirements as to price, quality, quantity, delivery deadlines and compliance with policies.
- Faxes confirmation purchase order to vendors.
- Monitors and updates purchase orders with any changes as necessary in database for processing by accounts payable.
- Communicates with vendors & transportation companies to ensure on-time shipment/delivery.
- Reports on status of critical shipments and interfaces with suppliers to expedite deliveries and resolve issues.
- Maintains accurate records of: approvals, items ordered, and items received.
- Coordinates return of defective or incorrect shipments.
- Locates alternative sources of supplies, materials and parts.
- Processes rotable inventory/on-site stock/core returns to support operational functions.
- Completes Warranty Claim forms for Maintenance Mgr.’s approval; submits approved claim forms to EJ Customer Support Dept. for processing.
- As designated by management, the Agent identifies, controls, segregates, and maintains all stock and tools to a serviceable or unserviceable category for the Hangar Floor and Stock Room.
- Arranges for safe and proper disposal of surplus materials. Preserves all articles or parts, while carried in the inventory, including parts that are subject to deterioration. Keeps stock room clean and neat.
- Follows appropriate safety precautions and HAZMAT protocols concerning the handling of the stock, tooling, or shipments.
- Provides indoctrination safety instructions to colleagues handling the shipments as necessary.
- Locates and selects material, supplies, tools, equipment, or other articles from stored stock and issues item to technicians. Issues items to production as needed and/or requested; delivers materials to appropriate shop area using forklifts, dollies and other devices.
- Distributes to departments any miscellaneous technical information received by the stockroom.
- Initiates and tracks procurement activity based on departmental requisitions including: proper entry of all stock transactions in inventory system, and performance of inventory counts from time to time to ensure accuracy of inventory records.
- Prepares parts/stock usage reports for management review and action to facilitate job costing and proper asset management.
- Reports shipping discrepancies and damaged parts/materials to management.
- Traces shipments en-route and expedites/re-routes shipments of an urgent nature.
- Prepares tooling, parts, components, etc. for shipment to vendors and customers.
- Determines packaging requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or knowledge of materials to be shipped and shipping conditions.
- Packs, seals, labels, and affixes postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
- Builds/repairs shipping crates as required for re-shipment.
- Selects appropriate routing of outbound shipments, prepares bills of lading, and maintains records of materials shipped.
- The Agent may delegate duties to any qualified assistant as necessary and with management approval, but such delegation does not relieve the Agent of the overall responsibility of the position’s job duties.
- Complies with company and department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Guarantees reliability and quality of information.
- Maintains necessary internal and external contacts.
- Suggests improvements to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- Additional duties may be assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Employees performing the same job function for a period of 3 years or more are considered qualified in the position, independent of the requirements referenced above and need not supply evidence regarding school diplomas etc.
- Desirable: Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Purchasing, or Aerospace.
- Experience: Generally at least 3 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Experience in Aerospace or Aviation Shipping & Receiving, loading/unloading, handling, checking, transportation, storage and distribution of spare parts, tools, technical publications and other materials.
- Two + year’s prior work experience in Aerospace purchasing and inventory control.
- English fluency.
- HAZMAT knowledge.
- Forklift experience.
- Desired: Executive Jets/Corporate Repair Station or Military MRO prior work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Main competencies or capabilities
- Assignments require thorough knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities
- Skills are effectively applied in accomplishing all tasks.
- Shipping and receiving techniques
- Aircraft Parts and Tooling knowledge
- Aircraft Part & Supplies basic purchasing techniques & practices
- Basic office skills, internet explorer, MS Excel
- Knowledge of handling hazardous materials DOT – HAZMAT certificate, forklift training. Valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s License.
- Desirable: MS Excel, Quantum , Lotus Notes Working
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.