Material Support & Service Agents
Material Support & Service AgentsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Materials Support & Services Agents in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Material Support & Services Agent is responsible to assure the highest level of support to our Customers through order taking, monitoring backorder and repair order management, loans, rentals, exchanges and reconciliations, as well as to handle all Supplier issues regarding parts repair and material solutions for expediting critical repairs, maximizing the efficiency of Embraer inventory and overall material costs.
- Handles customer issues regarding material services activities.
- Provides timely and accurate information on operators repair order status.
- Handles internal administration for customer inquiries – open notifications, data input into computer system.
- Communicates and follows up with co-workers, or appropriate internal department to resolve customer issues concerning exchanges, rental, new part returns.
- Contacts customer when necessary to advice on delay or any necessary information regarding orders.
- Reviews customer orders and controls any backorders.
- Checks on status of purchase orders.
- Follows up on pricing questions and issues.
- Works closely with co-workers to determine TAT (turnaround time) and communicate this to the customer.
- Provides feedback to his/her superior on any customer concerns not able to be addressed.
- Follows up with co-workers in other units regarding any issues of quantities, technical specifications, aircraft model/type, serial numbers, customer code, delivery deadline/urgency, stock availability, price, etc.
- Makes necessary corrections, modifications and/or information additions.
- Analyzes clients’ order requests, special projects & produce reports and follows-up / controls.
- Carries out the documents distribution and filing; price follow-up / control and constant database update.
- Is able to handle complex customer requests and address conflicts
- Provide AOG Support for exchanges from repair stations on repairs or core units.
- Works with system (SAP 4.7) to process history of part and to assign appropriate cost controls.
- Works with the Product Support Agreement (PSA) group in SJK to coordinate contract obligations from the repair facilities and OEMs.
- Repair capabilities from the newer A/C’s being obtained from the OEM’s and approved repaired stations.
- Utilizes programs in regards to Service Bulletins, AMM’s, CMM’s applicable for expediting cores from Repair.
- Negotiates TAT terms and service levels for repair stations not in a contract with company.
- Uses company’s web tool for reports and material analysis concerning the repair management process.
- Works with other areas (Quality, Engineering, and Material Services), and internally with co-workers, as required, for data collection and verification.
- Interfaces with other area (technical department) to obtain technical information and support for repair analysis.
- Assists in administering component and aircraft repair and overhaul agreements, contracts and checks commitments.
- Ensures components are forwarded to only approved/authorized service vendors.
- Handles all correspondence and communication to repair stations. Returns authorization issuance.
- Provides timely responses to the customer care agents. Tracks and monitors TAT (turnaround time).
- Reduces TAT while lowering costs through contract compliance and supplier agreements in order to process customer repairs in shortest period of time of material support programs and services.
- Executes the most complex and technically demanding work within this job function.
- Work assignments are under limited supervision; work review is more periodic rather than regular; frequently suggests solutions to problems that impact not only their own work and responsibilities, but those of the entire department.
- High School Diploma.
- FLSA Non-Exempt, Senior Level Service, Production or Support Worker role requiring advanced skills to perform most of the tasks within the function.
- Over 5 years of experience in customer relations, parts warranty and repair services activities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assignments require advanced knowledge of a technical or functional area
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the functional area takes place
- Aircraft familiarization
- Demonstrate negotiation techniques, and customer services techniques
- Warranty and repair technical analysis and evaluation
- Good communication skills
- Comprehends value based management fundamentals (Shareholder Satisfaction x Customer Satisfaction x Employee Satisfaction), employment law (sexual harassment, disability, discrimination, labor laws, etc.)
- Proficient in lotus notes, internet explorer, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access), and SAP
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.