STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Designers/Detailers to assist a large manufacturer of heavy equipment in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
These individuals will work within various project groups with major focus on designing mechanical assemblies and components using SolidWorks. These positions will start within a contract to hire capacity. Individuals will be considered for Direct Placement based upon performance.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Design mechanical assemblies, weldments and various sheet metal components using SolidWorks CAD system
- Development of designs from concept to manufacturing including models and prints
- Integration of industry hardware into mechanical systems
- Checking of components and assembly drawings models for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain program timing and milestone deliverables
- Design for reliability, manufacturing and assembly to fit customer needs
- Review and keep engineering documentation
- Request Engineering change orders (ECO)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ hands-on work experience as a Solidworks Designer (this is not an engineering position)
- Strong experience designing components and assemblies in Solidworks
- Must be proficient in the sheet metal and weldment functions in Solidworks
- Must be able to take direction
- Must be willing and able to complete all tasks assigned
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Experience in designing and/or building structural and mechanical systems
- A working knowledge of GD&T (Tolerance, Datum’s, etc.)
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft software. (Word, Excel etc.)
- Shop experience, along with design experience in preferred
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 40409