Mechanical Designers / Engineers
Mechanical Designers / EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Group is hiring Mechanical Designers / Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
- Work with a diverse team to evaluate system-level designs to meet equipment performance goals.
- Develop 3D CAD models in SolidWorks, Inventor, Creo and other software.
- Simplify purchased items to a usable file size
- Create mechanical layouts
- Create routed assemblies between main components
- Add fabrication details to support drawings
- Create plumbing assemblies between main components
- Create drawings in CAD in compliance with GD&T and customer standards
- Enter CAD files into the PDM software
- Participate in design reviews and stand-up meetings
- Engineering systems that this person would be exposed to:
- Electrical systems
- Sheet metal design
- Large welded structures
- Hydraulic systems (open and closed circuit)
- Pneumatic systems (low pressure, high volume)
- Mechanics (linkages, gearbox assemblies, etc.)
- Recommend solutions, participate in design reviews and projects. Interpret and apply customer requirements, industry standards, design and manufacturing standards to ensure that designs meet our customer requirements at an agreed upon level of performance and reliability.
- Identify and resolve technical issues and questions within area of expertise with the support of the shovel team. Provide feedback to other team members and supervision. Execute approved design solutions. Identify and communicate issues as they develop
- Follow established work procedures for engineering documentation.
- Ensure that appropriate cross-functional design reviews are being held before an ERN is released.
Maintain open channels of communication with the core engineering groups, (Structural/Mechanical, Electrical) as needed on areas of concern. Ensure hydraulic and mechanical systems are integrated parts of the product design.
- Support R&D projects as required.
- Communicate product, manufacturing, or field safety concerns to Engineering or Manufacturing managers and staff.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements which would help this position or others become more effective.
- Work with and support other team members to ensure on-time delivery of engineering work
- Provide feedback to others completing work when there are issues with quality of work
Experience & Education:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Some experience working with GD&T
- Some experience working with a PDM software package
- Able to use Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good communication skills
- High energy and self-motivated
- Additive manufacturing is a plus
- 3d scanning is a plus
- Highly proficient with CAD (over 3 years of experience)
- Have a basic understanding of mechanical systems
- Utilize CAD tool to design components and assemblies in 3D
- Follow rules and guidelines to make sure 3D models mate with other assemblies
- Check any work generated, and support the team by acting as design checker for their work as required
- Conduct appropriate calculations and analysis and store those in the appropriate place
- Support manufacturing and sub-contract with resolution of issues as they occur
- Develop and recommend solutions to complex designs to manage and control risks to an acceptable level.
- Participate in risk assessments for any safety related issues.
- Review design results and provide feedback where necessary to effectively support marketing schedules and insure the designs meet performance and cost objectives.
- Correctly interpret the product scope to insure proper application of the client’s needs
- Remain current with industry and technical developments and maintain a high level of expertise in mechanical areas of specialization.
- Maintain designated design, manufacturing and process related documentation.
- Consult with marketing and engineering staff to understand solutions to meet customer needs (internal & external customers).
- Consult and confer with manufacturing/subcontract process leaders and suppliers to develop and optimize design solutions at the optimum total cost.
- Participate in the development of design system improvements.
About STS Technical Group:
STS Technical Group specializes in three distinct industries… workforce management, engineering and additive manufacturing. Our workforce management team has more than 40 years of expertise, and the company is considered one of the Top-100 Staffing organizations in the United States.
Our Technical Design team is home to STS’ engineers and technical support specialists, and that group has offices and manufacturing facilities in both Wisconsin and Mexico.
As for our Additive Manufacturing group, that team runs more than 40 state-of-the art printers at all times, using a myriad of modern materials, tools and the latest technology to deliver unmatched results at affordable prices.
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.