Mechanical Designers / Engineers
Mechanical Designers / EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Group is hiring Mechanical Designers / Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
- Work with a CPS team to evaluate system-level designs to meet equipment performance goals.
- Develop 3D CAD models in SolidWorks
- Simplify purchased items to a usable file size
- Create mechanical layouts
- Create routed assemblies between main components
- Add fabrication details to support drawings
- Create plumbing assemblies between main components
- Create drawings in SolidWorks in compliance with GD&T and P&H standards
- Enter SolidWorks files into the PDM software (Adept)
- Participate in design reviews and stand-up meetings
- Engineering systems that this person would be exposed to:
- Electrical systems
- Sheet metal design
- Large welded structures
- Hydraulic systems (open and closed circuit)
- Pneumatic systems (low pressure, high volume)
- Mechanics (linkages, gearbox assemblies, etc.)
- Develop 3D CAD models in SolidWorks
- Recommend solutions, participate in design reviews and projects. Interpret and apply customer requirements, industry standards, design and manufacturing standards to ensure that designs meet our customer requirements at an agreed upon level of performance and reliability.
- Identify and resolve technical issues and questions within area of expertise with the support of the shovel team. Provide feedback to other team members and supervision. Execute approved design solutions. Identify and communicate issues as they develop
- Follow established work procedures for engineering documentation.
- Ensure that appropriate cross-functional design reviews are being held before an ERN is released.
Maintain open channels of communication with the core engineering groups, (Structural/Mechanical, Electrical) as needed on areas of concern. Ensure hydraulic and mechanical systems are integrated parts of the product design.
- Support ongoing resolution of safety, manufacturing, and field issues.
- Support sold order projects, and R&D projects as required.
- Adhere to letter and intent of safety rules.
- Communicate product, manufacturing, or field safety concerns to Engineering or Manufacturing managers and staff.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and SOPs which would help this position or others become more effective.
- Work with and support other team members to ensure on-time delivery of engineering work
- Provide feedback to others completing work when there are issues with quality of work
Experience & Education:
- 3-5 years of experience with SolidWorks
- Some experience working with GD&T
- Some experience working with a PDM software package
- Able to use Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good communication skills
- High energy and self-motivated
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred (For Designer: Associate in Mechanical Engineering Technology/Equivalent Discipline)
- 3-8 years of experience
- Highly proficient with SolidWorks (over 3 years of experience)
- Have a basic understanding of all the non-mechanical systems
- Utilize CAD tool to design components and assemblies in 3D
- Follow rules and guidelines to make sure 3D models mate with other assemblies in the machine
- Check any work generated, and support the team by acting as design checker for their work as required
- Support the person running the sold order configurator to generate machine level BOMs on sale of a machine.
- Conduct appropriate calculations and analysis and store those in the appropriate place
- Perform tasks on assigned RFPDs, make sure they are completed per schedule
- Create documentation in the ERN and RFPD system
- Perform MRB tasks and assist MRB liaison with resolution of issues
- Support manufacturing and sub-contract with resolution of issues as they occur
- Support Supply Chain with technical issues on procurement of purchased parts and with replacement of obsolete and discontinued parts
- Review assigned designs and evaluate for complexity, reliability, ease of manufacture & repair, profitability, safety and supportability.
- Develop and recommend solutions to complex designs to manage and control risks to an acceptable level.
- Participate in risk assessments for any safety related issues.
- Review design results and provide feedback where necessary to effectively support marketing schedules and insure the designs meet performance and cost objectives.
- Correctly interpret the product scope to insure proper application of the Mining Equipment.
- Remain current with industry and technical developments and maintain a high level of expertise in mechanical areas of specialization.
- Maintain designated design, manufacturing and process related documentation.
- Consult with marketing and engineering staff to understand solutions to meet customer needs (internal & external customers).
- Consult and confer with manufacturing/subcontract process leaders and suppliers to develop and optimize design solutions at the optimum total cost.
- Participate in the development of design system improvements.
About STS Technical Group:
STS Technical Group specializes in three distinct industries… workforce management, engineering and additive manufacturing. Our workforce management team has more than 40 years of expertise, and the company is considered one of the Top-100 Staffing organizations in the United States.
Our Technical Design team is home to STS’ engineers and technical support specialists, and that group has offices and manufacturing facilities in both Wisconsin and Mexico.
As for our Additive Manufacturing group, that team runs more than 40 state-of-the art printers at all times, using a myriad of modern materials, tools and the latest technology to deliver unmatched results at affordable prices.
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, STS Technical Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.