Mechanical Designers (Level 4)
Mechanical Designers (Level 4)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Designers (Level 4) in Orlando, Florida.
- Seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to support Production Engineering efforts associated with a legacy missile program.
- The candidate for this position will work in a Production Program environment and support Material Review Board (MRB) type activities associated with specific missile / canister components for an international customer.
- The preferred candidate will be the Mechanical Engineering point of contact for the legacy program relating to Missile and Canister hardware, and will support hardware recertification and production contracts.
- The candidate will be expected to screen and evaluate failures, defects, production issues, and/or questions from the international customer and leverage engineering teams as necessary to develop viable solutions, usually in time sensitive situations.
- Other notable tasks include: Development of 3D drawing models and creation/release of 2D engineering drawings using 3D CAD Software, preferably PTC CREO-4.
- Interface development and generation of Instructional Engineering Release (IER) documents. Technical support to program suppliers for procured components.
- Collaborate / Coordinate with other Mechanical Engineering (Structures, Thermal and M&P) and technical disciplines (Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Product Support), Procurement (Materials and Subcontract Management), Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Operations, and product line suppliers / vendors.
- Provide engineering liaison effort to support the fabrication, assembly and integration tasks associated with the product line, including auditing manufacturing work instructions, production process reviews, and attending supplier audits.
- Support product line validations (PLVs) at program suppliers and first article inspections.
- Review proposed mechanical related changes from the US production team and assess the impacts/applicability to the International program.
- Interface with customers, a multi-functional team (Engineering, Configuration Management, Global Supply Chain, Contracts, Program Management, Manufacturing, International Trade and Compliance) in a fast-paced dynamic environment to support production and meet program commitments.
- Travel to support and provide technical assistance to existing / new suppliers, support hardware fabrication, assembly, integration, and testing activities in CAMDEN, Arkansas, and provide on-site support to the programs international customer.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.