STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Designers in Melbourne, Florida.
Duration: 4-6 Months
Location: Melbourne, FL
US Citizenship Required
- Develop ruggedized electronics packaging, mainly computers and displays.
- Working as a member of a project team, the Mechanical Designer will design, develop, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems.
Primary Job Functions:
- Use ProE/ Creo to design products
- Create and release engineering drawings and documents using PLM systems
- Evaluate and recommend design approaches to meet performance requirements for new or improved products.
- Investigate solutions to product or process problems.
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks.
- Work independently from minimal instruction to develop complex design solutions.
- Requires Multi-tasking in an evolving project environment with aggressive timelines
- Perform tolerance analysis.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Support testing of products. Tooling design and product testing.
- Provide support to resolve vendor manufacturing issues.
- AS degree in design is preferred
- Casting and injection molding experience
- 8+ years of experience in mechanical design.
- Precision mechanical, electronics packaging design experience required.
- Extensive 3D CAD experience, Pro-e/Creo required.
- Strong understanding of GD&T principles and tolerance analysis.
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and precision assembly methods.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to decipher highly technical data.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.