Mechanical DesignersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Designers in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
We are looking for an on-site liaison to assist our client, who is an automotive supplier. We seek someone with SolidWorks experience who is a strong CREO user. Experience with terminal tractors, or similar, is a huge bonus. This individual could be based in the United States or Mexico. A strong technical background and / or a degree in design / engineering is required. Check out the content below to learn more.
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of automated machine, tooling and fixtures.
- Interact with internal customers to provide mechanical design support for their equipment needs.
- Ensure both product quality and process reliability are designed into the project from the start.
- Review and understand project costing and margin requirements with applications engineering.
- Develop clear, measurable requirements for success based on the established standards and in concert with project teams.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a detailed project schedule to update Management of the status on the progress of the project in regular basis.
- Responsible for the project specifications, evaluation of suppliers, their quotations and cost control of the project budget.
- Ensure the project delivered is compliant with all relevant OSHA, ANSI and local standards in respect to the design and engineering work practices.
- Project Management including phase reviews, design & development and full documentation.
- Conduct regular project meetings with the project team throughout the project on: Machine/Equipment/Tooling design and status.
- Controls/Systems design and status.
- Review project specifications, deliverables and requirements with applications engineering.
- Track all changes with a written Project Change Notification and maintain a revision summary.
- Record, address and resolve issues that impact project timing and/or scope.
- Develop contingency plans or recovery plans as required.
- Monitor the timing and cost of the fabrication to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- 5-10 years relevant working experience with an Engineering Degree.
- Automation Machine Design, Design for Manufacturing High Speed Assembly Equipment (optional).
- Machine Tools Precision Tooling Industrial machine control systems (optional)
- 3-5 years relevant experience in project management.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, a professional demeanor, cooperative personality and a team attitude are all required.
- Works well with others and interacts effectively and efficiently with internal and external people and groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use SolidWorks and MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint Document Management and general computer literacy.
- Extensive cross functional team expertise including technical and non-technical work.
- Analytical and creative thinker, problem solver, result-orientated and focused.
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize a varied and fast-changing workload.
- Motivated, high achiever, persistent and conscientious.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.