Mechanical Engineer Technicians (REQ #29877)
Mechanical Engineer Technicians (REQ #29877)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Engineer Technicians in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hiring Note: Must be COVID-19 vaccinated, have 1st COVID-19 vaccination shot or willing to take COVID-19 vaccination.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and meet requirements for appropriate security badges, including but not limited to, a SIDA badge, if needed.
- Will work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Duties include collaborating with a team to design, maintain, manufacture and repair aircraft mock-up trainers for a dynamic and fast-paced project.
- This position will also perform other administrative and operational functions as delegated by the Manager – Training Devices, including but not limited to, transporting materials from Stores and outside vendors and confirming scheduled maintenance is accomplished, equipment is operating properly and documentation procedures are followed.
Qualifications You’ll Need To Have:
- Must understand and practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures and assist internal and external staff and students in doing the same.
- Must be able and willing to work evenings, overnight, weekends and holidays.
- The qualified individual must possess advanced problem-solving skills, strong written and oral communication skills and be able to work and communicate well with others at all levels of the organization, including other technicians, managers, instructors, quality assurance teams and external customers, as needed.
- They must possess skills in troubleshooting and repair of structural, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems of aircraft doors, windows and cabin trainers.
- Systems, include but are not limited to, low-voltage and automation-type systems such as PLC controllers.
- Sheet-metal, metalworking and woodworking skills are required, as well as the ability to read and draft mechanical and electrical schematics and drawings.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Outlook and web browsers is required.
- The successful candidate should have strong organizational skills and be able to respond to changing and multiple work demands and schedules and possess the ability to implement safe, quick solutions for these projects.
- A thorough knowledge of Boeing and Airbus manuals, including but not limited to, the AIPC, AMM, CMM, and safety manuals is beneficial as is an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- An underlying program of study in mechanical, structural or electrical studies is critical.
- Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must be able to work without close supervision.
- Must provide his or her own basic tools and tool box for the duration of the assignment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.