STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanical Engineers in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-447-0515.
Our client is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the Light Armaments Engineering team. Our Mechanical Engineers are engaged in cutting edge small arms weapon and ammunition development programs for defense applications domestically and internationally. This individual will work with teams and products that directly support our service men and women who engage in combat operations around the world. An ideal candidate will possess a broad knowledge base in small arms weapons and ammunition, mechanical engineering, system integration, and be able to execute in both R&D and production environments. Required experience includes hardware design and test, managing requirements derivation and allocation, and successfully working within a collaborative team environment.
- Provide technical leadership and project oversight of program activities within the Light Armaments Engineering team
- Develop imaginative, thorough, practicable technical solutions to a wide range of difficult Mechanical Engineering problems
- Serve as a resource to others within the work group, department, and the organization
- Lead concept development as part of internal cross-functional design teams, including prototyping and production support
- Generate Statements of Work and monitor outside contractor performance
- Conduct liaison activities with subcontractors and external manufacturers, as well as internal and external customers at all levels
- Oversee unit level testing and integration activities performed by junior staff, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Perform detailed design of mechanical structures and subsystems using solid modeling, requirements analysis, trade studies, mechanical analysis including structural and thermal, drafting and tolerance analysis, and human interface design
- Prepare high-quality formal engineering documentation such as drawings, specifications, design presentations to customers, test plans, and test reports
- Support proposal activity, providing input to cost estimates and risk assessments
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- Must have 3-5 or more years’ of mechanical engineering experience
- Must be a US Citizen, with ability to obtain security clearance
- Small Arms experience
- Project Oversight/Leadership experience (design & analysis)
- Experience working to military engineering standards
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-447-0515
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 41648