Mechanical Maintenance Technicians – Millwrights
Mechanical Maintenance Technicians – MillwrightsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring multiple Mechanical Maintenance Technicians – Millwrights in Albany, Oregon.
About Our Client:
ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
Primary Job Purpose:
Responsible for safely responding to all maintenance issues including breakdowns and troubleshooting, completing operating work orders, and supporting operations during upset conditions with the goal of achieving a high degree of mill reliability.
- Shift schedule: 12 hour rotating shift (1-3-3-1-1-3-3…)
- Pay range: $28.50 – $33.31/hr.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for responding to mill breakdowns in a timely and efficient manner, and working closely with area operators to resolve maintenance related issues
- Investigate root cause of equipment failure and make recommendations for long term fix
- Help to develop PMs
- Lead the troubleshooting and proper documentation (maintenance log book) of all maintenance related items
- Lead the RIP process for downtime and send RIP communication prior the end of the shift
- Communicate maintenance related issues during maintenance meetings
- Follow up on outstanding maintenance shift issues from previous shift
- Enter appropriate work requests for required follow-up work
- Complete assigned work orders or other PM/PD activities based on established priority and return completed paperwork
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of troubleshooting resources (prints, manuals, job plans, tools, spare parts, etc.)
- Responsible for being aware of maintenance issues throughout the mill or assigned area (log books, interaction with operators)
- Work closely with Planners
- Able to lead projects from start to finish (consulting with manufacturers/distributors, getting quotes, making purchase requests, developing job plans/time lines, installing, commissioning, updating prints, developing PMs & training manuals, etc.)
- Support the crew in operate/maintain activities to keep mill operating during emergency or short-staffed occasions
- Support and promote the ARAUCO Asset Reliability Process (ARP)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified millwright or equivalent in verifiable industrial or commercial mechanical experience (including bearings, hydraulics, pumps, gearboxes)
- Ability to work extended hours and rotating shift as required
- Ability to work at heights in a manufacturing environment required
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Ability to use a variety of mechanical troubleshooting equipment and techniques (i.e. laser alignment)
- Experience in reliability techniques & knowledge of lubrication principles is a preferred asset
- Demonstrated troubleshooting strength
- Continuous improvement-focused and knowledgeable of what drives improved uptime metrics
- Ability to look for improvement/optimization opportunities to increase efficiencies and overall equipment uptime
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to understand, develop and implement work order PMs
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.