Mechanic II – Warranty
Mechanic II – WarrantySTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is actively seeking candidates for a Mechanic II role with our Fortune 500 Client in Oshkosh, Wisconsin! In this role, you’ll assemble and/or install a variety of major and minor subassemblies, parts and systems as directed. Typical parts are brackets, wiring, radiators, axles, air systems, hydraulic steering and lines, air lines, electronic lines, valves, tanks, brackets, linkages, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, fit, bend and adjust parts for fit or function as directed
- Drill, ream or tap holes for mounting or clearance as directed
- Measure wire, tubing or hose paths and cut tubing to length as directed
- Fill batteries and accessory grease points and apply sealants as directed
- Startup engine, check dashboard instruments for proper function
- Assemblies weigh up to 10,000 lbs., handle with appropriate equipment, such as cranes, dollies etc. which are provided
- Install various aftermarket parts and assemblies on truck such as brackets, wiring, hydraulic lines, air lines, etc.
- Ability to follow work instructions and quality standards
- Ability to follow engineering prints and bill of materials
- Perform repairs/alterations on vehicles such as drilling holes or modify sheet medal
- Install various harnesses and batteries
- Requires the use of simple arithmetic and some measuring instruments such as caliper or scale
- Diagnose and/or repair problems and provide failure analysis on a follow-up service report on all areas of responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Automotive Field Service and/or Automotive Technical Support areas (extensive mechanical experience)
- Air conditioning certification is preferred.
- Prior experience using pneumatic hand tools, drill, and truck parts
- Ability to read Technical Manuals and blueprints and follow work instructions
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally and present a professional appearance during this project assignment
- Personal protective equipment such as steel toed boots is a contractor requirement.
- Able to perform multi axle wheel alignment.
- Ability to use software and program vehicle computers.
1st Shift* Monday – Thursday 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Friday 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM
* Listed is the current REGULAR schedule. Times are subject to change and overtime may be mandated on Fridays and Saturdays
Why should you apply?
- 11 annual paid holidays
- Paid vacation after 6 months
- Work in a brand new temperature controlled facility
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits offered
- Top compensation for the area
STS Technical Services
The leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.