STS Technical Services is hiring Mechanics to work for a great client of ours in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
STS Technical Services is actively seeking candidates for a Mechanic I role with our Fortune 350 Client! In this role, you’ll assist in the diagnoses of vehicle malfunctions, perform preventive maintenance and repair various types of heavy military transit and support vehicles with the assistance of a skilled mechanic, either in the field or at the Operations garage. Your duties would also include basic vehicle repair, basic paint and body repair and basic electric/electronic diagnosis and repair under supervision. You’ll assist skilled mechanics in the work assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, and you’ll report to the Maintenance Supervisor on duty.
- Works toward proficiency in the diagnosis and repair of all heavy wheeled vehicles
- Works to become proficient in the removal and replacement of vehicle components
- Works to develop accurate diagnosis skills and effective repair and/or replacement of component techniques necessary for the proper functioning of assigned equipment
- Works to learn and performs preventive maintenance inspections
- Works to develop skills necessary to perform timely and effective repair of any problems identified during preventive maintenance inspections
Works To Develop Skills In:
- Repairing and adjusting torsion arms, air bags, and all other components of suspension system
- Testing, repairing and/or replacing components of electrical and lighting systems
- Repairing and overhauling brake systems
- Accompanies skilled mechanics when performing service calls for vehicle failures
- Perform the duties of Servicer and Cleaner as required
- Advise supervisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time frame
- Operate fork lift
- Interact effectively, courteously, and professionally with operations department employees and other HRT employees regarding vehicle repairs and other shop business
- Assume primary responsibility of assigned projects
- Perform all required written and/or automated work orders and other documentation as directed
- Report equipment abuse or component tampering to the shop supervisor
- Be involved in the daily operation of the shop
- Possess the ability to interpret maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams and other documents and to safely operate all company equipment
- Safely uses all power and hand held mechanic tools
- Maintain awareness and compliance with all current, local, state, and federal regulations, such as regulations governing the handling and disposal of hazardous waste and use of personal protection equipment
- Perform other maintenance duties or assignments as requested
Training and/or Education:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Must have at least 2-3 year of experience as an auto maintenance mechanic or related job
- Must be able to read/comprehend written service information
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Make use of your advanced level mechanic skills delivering on-site diagnostics and repair of our client’s used refuse trucks and concrete mixers. Professionalism and ability to handle clients when they are frustrated with an inoperable vehicle is key to being successful in this role as you’ll be conducting on-site diagnostics and assisting the end user understand not only the issue, but the timeline for fixing it! Above all else, you need to give them the peace of mind that you are there to help it will be up to you to be a problem solver and to create that positive brand experience!
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-447-0515. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 40189