Mechatronics / Electromechanical Technicians – 2nd shift
Mechatronics / Electromechanical Technicians – 2nd shiftSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Mechatronics / Electromechanical Technicians (2nd shift) in Calhoun, Georgia!
Relocation provided – Great benefits – Limitless opportunity for career growth!
Our client, a multi-billion dollar, industry leading flooring manufacturer is seeking Mechatronics or Electromechanical Technicians to join their team. In this role you’ll be asked to apply advanced troubleshooting and process optimization skills to various plant wide manufacturing and maintenance operations.
The technician in this position will possess advanced electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical skills allowing for complete automation project implementation. While you will not need to program or write code, you will need to understand ladder logic, read diagrams and schematics and have an understanding of VFD and Motion Control integration, Pneumatic, Hydraulic and Mechanical installations.
- Our ideal candidate will have experience with Siemens run machinery and will be able to easily shift mindset from mechanical to electrical troubleshooting to conduct on the spot repairs on large 24 volt Swiss, German and Italian machinery.
- Open to Recent graduates and non-degreed professionals with experience in lieu.
- Associate’s Degree in Mechatronics, Industrial Systems or related fields OR equivalent work experience and certifications
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum of 2 years industrial maintenance experience
- Experience with Siemens PLCs
- Must be able to work safely
- Must be able to communicate with team members, vendors, suppliers
- Must be able to work individually or in team setting as work dictates
- Must be able to read and write schematics and drawings to specify new or replacement components for equipment
- Must be able to draw and use blueprints to wire, install, build and troubleshoot electronic and electrical equipment and controls
- Ability to test and troubleshoot electrical circuitry with appropriate test equipment. Must be able to analyze problems and correct deficiencies
- Ability to test and repair plumbing systems, and replace parts as necessary. Test for proper operation and integrity
- Ability to clean and lubricate equipment, check pressures and spec and correct deficiencies
- Must be able to clean, inspect, and disassemble machinery and equipment. Must be able to evaluate work and broken components to determine status
- Must be able to assemble and reassemble new gaskets, parts, and test reassembled item to determine conformance to standards
- Must be able to test and repaired compressed air and vacuum systems and devices
- Must be able to replace or repair defective components and reassemble system. Test and adjust for correct application
- Must be able to use power tools for structural construction
- Must be able to weld using Oxy-Acetylene, Electric Arc, Soldering, Brazing, Silver Soldering, and Gas shielded welding processes
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and be able to climb and work up to 100 feet
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, and use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Eye protection required
- Respirator use required in some areas
- Hearing protection required. Other PPE as required for task
- Should be flexible to work extended hours, holidays and weekends
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.