STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Metrologist Trainees in Oscoda, Michigan.
- The Metrologist Trainee is directly responsible to the Metrologist. The Metrologist Trainee is responsible for:
- Assisting the Metrologist to ensure that all inspection and test equipment are tested at regular intervals, to standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and technology or other acceptable national standards.
- Assisting on the in-house calibration of tools, gauges, and measuring equipment, and/or routing to outside vendors when necessary.
- Assisting with completion of the Certificate of Calibration and/or Repair Report when applicable.
- Assisting in repairs to tools and equipment when needed.
- Working professionally with all customers to meet their Calibration Program needs.
- Maintaining the Calibration Lab in a clean and orderly manner.
- The duties and responsibilities of the Metrologist Trainee may be delegated to any qualified assistant; however such delegation does not relieve the Metrologist Trainee of the overall responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily; in addition the individual must meet the following:
- Candidate must have excellent math and computer skills.
- Must have basic electrical knowledge.
- Exceptional attention to detail is a must.
- Be able to learn new tasks quickly.
- Must be able to read and understand equipment manuals.
- Able to lift 60 lbs. (repeatedly).
- Know how to use multimeters, micrometers, calipers, torque wrenches, etc…
- Prior calibration and troubleshooting experience a plus.
Education / Experience:
- High school graduate; some college and/or technical school desirable. Prior calibration and troubleshooting experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Which includes the ability to convert between different units of measure, compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb/descend stairs, and bend.
- The employee is regularly required to lift of up to 60 lbs. (repeatedly).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed primarily in an aviation maintenance setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Occasional work on elevations of above 25 ft. (platforms/catwalks).
- Working inside (within a temperature controlled shop) and outside exposed to varying weather conditions (sun, heat, cold, snow, wind, rain, etc….).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.