Mobile Response Technicians
Mobile Response TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Mobile Response Technicians in Houston, Texas.
This position is responsible for Mobile Service Team activities on gas turbine powered aircraft, technical troubleshooting, problem solving, engine changes and engine repairs in the field. The incumbent can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Perform inspection, airframe interface, ground operation, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair of engines and related accessories, as installed in customer aircraft per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Accomplish duties in a manner that presents an image of professionalism to the customer and their agents that is the embodiment of service assistance in conforming the results to the manufacturer’s approved modification specifications in engines and related accessories.
- Proficiently perform the attachment of Powerplant “Quick Engine Change” components and installation of the powerplants in the aircraft as well as the installation of propellers, governors, and engine related accessories.
- Monitor tooling calibrations for any equipment used to perform designated tasks.
- Perform any appropriate inspection they are certified to perform following completion of engine repairs and modifications and the inspection of powerplants following their installation into the aircraft for final acceptance and release to service.
- Make airworthiness determinations and providing suitable certification for the work performed including the Final Inspection and “Release to Service” of any work accomplished within the Repair Station’s Rating either at the Repair Station or at any other location.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally with peers, clients, and public.
- Ability to get along with co-workers and peers.
- Maintenance of regular attendance and punctuality within customary tolerances.
- Looking for maintenance professionals who hold an A&P license with well-developed technical knowledge on any of these specific types and models of TFE731 / PT6A / PW300 / PW500 / JT15D / Spey / Tay / HTF7000 / GTCP 36 APU / BR710 aircraft turbine engines.
- College degree OR high school graduate with technical vocational training and knowledge normally achieved through graduation from a university, trade school or military aircraft maintenance program, or an equivalent apprenticeship program.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have proper hand tools.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Should be able to demonstrate PC proficiency in MS Word and Excel as well as learn any corporate or industry software used by the position.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Active work in field locations, both in hangars and on ramps: exerting up to (50-70) pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves walking, sitting, driving or standing for various periods of time required to work in equipment attached, or to be attached to aircraft.
- Vision: Near clarity of vision is required for close-up engine and chart/document analysis. Field Service Representatives assume the responsibilities of a QC Inspector and must pass a Jaeger vision chart test at no less than sixteen inches, or equivalent (20/30 vision) with one eye, either natural or corrected.
- Reaching: extending hands and arms in any direction.
- Handling: seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand(s). Fingers are involved to the extent that they are an extension of the hand, such as to turn a switch or shift gears such as picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to convey detailed spoken instruction to other workers, customers, or agents accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: effectively perceiving the nature of sounds by ear.
- Environment may include periods of elevated noise exposure due to engine testing.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Must be able to travel between 70-90 % of the time.
- May be required to travel to locations outside of the United States
- Hangars, ramps, and engine shop environments, including hoists, heavy parts, chemicals, and fluids with use of precision instruments, stringent housekeeping and work area safety regulations and practices to observe and maintain.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.