Motorcycle Controls Software Engineers
Motorcycle Controls Software EngineersSTS
This position has a strong focus on development and production launch of electric vehicles. We are looking for an EV Motor Controls Software Engineer to join an experienced team developing the next generation EV components for our client’s future portfolio of both high- and low-voltage electric vehicles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop model based software systems for the EV power electronics, including control algorithms for DC-DC converters, AC-DC chargers, ISO15118/DIN70121;
- Work on a modular software architecture that can be used across our family of electric vehicles;
- Utilize individual and group design reviews in development of component specifications to optimize vehicle performance, quality, DFM/DFA, and cost;
- Lead and reinforce application of best practices to streamline the product development process and deliver world-class engineering to efficiently, effectively lead the industry;
- Leverage extensive product development assets including test labs, proving grounds, and expert product development capabilities to deliver best-in-class performance, usability and quality.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Software engineering.
- Advanced degree appreciated.
- Proven track record developing controls software for DC-DC and AC-DC charging systems used in Electric Vehicle applications, and familiarity with common EV subsystems, including battery, power electronics, and electric machines.
- Embedded software design and development experience using the C programming language, Model Based Design tools like Simulink, source configuration systems like subversion or git, bug tracking tools like Jira, and code review systems such as Collaborator or Phabricator.
- Deep understanding of software best practices and agile development methodologies.
- Success in solving challenging technical problems in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate technical subjects in a clear, concise manner to multiple levels of the organization.
The benefit plans available to you are:
- Medical/MEC: Minimum Essential Coverage: Affordable Care Act Preventive Care Coverage + Hospital Indemnity and Group Accident
- Dental: Full coverage nationwide PPO coverage or HMO option for Florida only
- Vision: Full nationwide coverage plan
- Short- and/or Long-Term Disability plans
- Life insurance for yourself, your spouse, your children
- Critical Illness and Critical Accident plans
Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787. Interested? Apply now on this page. Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.