Motorcycle Power Train Systems Design Engineers
Motorcycle Power Train Systems Design EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
Since 1903, our bold and unique purpose has been fulfilling dreams of personal freedom for our customers – and we live our purpose every day. It’s more than just a business to us. Our passion for our products and loyalty to our millions of riders and fans worldwide inspire us to deliver premium motorcycles, parts and accessories, apparel, and unmistakable and unmatched experiences.
Our employees are essential to our success. We need people who wake up every day with a passion for customers and who come to work with the creativity and drive to make amazing things happen.
Join our team as a Design Engineer and help support the introduction of new engines and drivelines for Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
This is What You’ll Do:
- Develop system & component requirements through cross-functional engineering collaboration, product benchmarking and input from internal stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance to support personnel (designers, technicians, mechanics, manufacturing, purchasing, etc.) for powertrain system content from concept through launch.
- Explore technical solutions and present design recommendations to achieve requirements.
- Work with suppliers, both internal and external, to deliver component designs on a product launch schedule which meet all technical requirements.
- Work to resolve technical issues by applying problem solving techniques and facilitating cross-functional engineering, supplier & test support as needed.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and experience of new and changing technology through continuous learning in order to develop high quality engineering products and continuously improve processes.
- Ability to drive results with a moderate level of guidance and direction.Impacts quality of their own work through effectively communicating complex information with stakeholders such as designers, detailers, technicians and outside suppliers.
- Solves engineering issues relating to quality, cost and timing expectations by analyzing possible solutions using technical experience and judgement with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Provides informal guidance to new design engineer team members and delegates responsibilities to team members when appropriate.
- Works effectively with cross functional teams and participate in the reduce time to market initiative by identifying, implementing and measuring the results of innovative product development techniques within the teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Powertrain component & sub-system design (Creo or comparable).
- Powertrain development (work requests and reports).
- Design for manufacture and assembly (DFM/DFA). Develops designs appropriate to their manufacturing processes, which are easy and efficient to assemble correctly, and accommodate the needs of the assembly operator and specific assembly line or station.
- DFMEA & DVP&R. Participate in design reviews in this or a comparable format.
- Engineering authorizations and changes.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing and datum structure development.
- Motorcycle or automotive/vehicle experience is preferred.
- Experience with Pro-E skills with a minimum of 4000 hours of use is preferred.
Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that has partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.