Multi-Craft Maintenance Technicians
Multi-Craft Maintenance TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Multi-Craft Maintenance Technicians in Birmingham, Alabama.
Responsible to troubleshoot systems and perform preventive and predictive maintenance on various equipment, while always keeping safety as a priority. Will also provide support for production and carry out the assignments and responsibilities given to them by the assembly department maintenance supervisors and team leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Train operators and new team members on fixtures, control panels, etc.
- Assist team members with running lines/presses
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping using 5S
- Provide support for machine improvements
- Ensure equipment meets set regulations
- Perform PM inspections as required, complete with all repairs
- Disassemble defective equipment as well as replaces defective parts, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, etc.
- May specialize in repairing specific manufacturing equipment, and equipment that is not specific to the manufacturing process.
- Use computerized or manual maintenance information systems to document the details of equipment related issues, repairs made, preventative and predictive maintenance measures taken, etc.
- Use computerized or manual systems to facilitate root cause analysis for failures resulting in major downtime (as defined by management). Once the root cause has been identified, put measurements in place that will prevent reoccurrence within the affected business unit, as well as across the facility.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in mechatronics or related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years related experience
- Thorough knowledge of Fanuc Robots and AB PLC’s preferred
Minimum Qualifications (Skills and Abilities):
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must have good mathematical and communication
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Ability to use testing and troubleshooting equipment
- Must have a good understanding of rigging, cranes, etc.
- Must have a general knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Must be able to pay good attention to detail
- Must have a basic knowledge of drafting (blueprint reading, dimension drawings, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of AUTOCAD
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed to meet customer requirements
- Must have basic knowledge or Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have general knowledge on electrical theory and troubleshooting
- Must have general mechanical knowledge
- Proficient with Fanuc robot programming
- Proficient with Fanuc robot electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Proficient with troubleshooting AB PLC’s
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and traverse the facilities.
- Some travel may be required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.