Museum Event Venue Coordinators
Museum Event Venue CoordinatorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Museum Event Venue Coordinators in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The Event Venue Coordinator position is responsible for coordinating and executing indoor and outdoor 1903 Events at the Harley-Davidson Museum within a team environment. This individual will serve as a critical communicator and key point of contact for our event clients for everything non Food & Beverage related working closely with internal event sales, banquet operations, facilities, security and cleaning teams as well as external vendors.
Types of Events:
- Wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Small and large corporate meetings
- Social events and receptions
- Trade Shows
- Limited support of Museum consumer events
- Provide event venue coordination to understand clients event needs to ensure successful event execution while setting clear expectations and maintaining H-D Museum and 1903 Events policies and procedures
- Communicating and managing site and space capabilities and opportunities
- Recommending, selling, securing and setting up event enhancements
- Developing event schedules to include planning and execution of pre and post event load-in and load-out
- Setting up and operating site-provided audio-visual and other event equipment and supplies
- Event operations execution (non-food & beverage related)
- Scheduling and greeting clients and vendors upon arrival and assisting with pre-event coordination
- Provide scheduling support by booking rooms, updating event orders, files, schedules, using ReServe event management software.
- Participate in weekly banquet event and facility support meetings with internal event support team to communicate key support needs. This includes the preparation and review of event worksheet details.
- Manage the advancement and coordination of details of future events while tending to the needs of clients that are in house
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of two years experience working in hospitality or event planning and execution.
- Wedding coordination experience a plus.
- Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Must have the ability to be on feet for extended periods of time and lift up to 30 pounds
- Basic AV equipment operation aptitude and comfort required. Training will be provided.
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and customer focused
- Professional telephone, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team environment
- Confidence in making decisions to ensure successful event progression while making course corrections as necessary to ensure superior client and guest satisfaction
- Ability to influence and instill confidence in team and clients
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with ReServe Event Management Software a plus
- Hours may fluctuate from 15-30 hours/week depending upon schedule and season and may include overtime during peak season.
- Availability for long weekend days/nights a must.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.