NC ProgrammersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring NC Programmers in Forth Worth, Texas.
- Provides programming for numerically controlled production, tooling programs and Manufacturing Development Projects, utilizing engineering lines and data planning information.
- Responsible for creating either graphically or mathematically, any additional lines and surfaces that are required in the development of parts, tools, tooling fixtures, assembly fixtures and all mockups making certain that all design characteristics and aerodynamic features are included in the shape according to the master engineering lines; using engineering drawings is engaged in the making of he required layouts and templates for a particular project or a detail of a major project; all work must be performed within predetermined tolerances
- Contacts the appropriate engineering personnel and discusses with them required changes whenever it is found that a particular design does not meet tooling or manufacturing requirements or standards
- Maintains follow-up on the tools, assists the Fabrication and Assembly departments in their use; must have a knowledge of Loft, Engineering, Tool Design, Manufacturing and Planning processes and procedures.
- Facilitates the fabrication of the project; must use mathematical formulas for computing flange setback and spring back development, form and die setups, bend allowance and apply scale factors when required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains complete documentation of programs to ensure effective process control.
- May create tooling/material sketches, numerically controlled setup sheets, dimensional charts, material sketches, and machine operation diagrams.
- Determines from Engineering information, the most efficient and expedient method of lofting by numerical control methods and fabricating by numerical control tooling and sheet metal standards and related tools where dimensional sequencing of operations is required on numerical controlled sheet metal type fabrication equipment for the most difficult assignments.
- Capable of scheduling several assignments and possesses the skills required
- Two (2) years college or equivalent experience, with preferred courses in: Math through Trigonometry and Analytical Geometry, Engineering material, Processing Technology, Trained in CADAM, CATIA and APT programming
- Manufacturing methods and procedures Preferred Qualifications: Catia V-5 modeling and surfacing experience. NC Programming experience. Flat Pattern experience.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.