STS Mod Center
STS Mod Center is hiring an Operations Manager in Melbourne, Florida.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day management of MLB hangar operations in accordance with 14 CFR part 65.
- Ensure work is performed safely within budgeted time and while remaining in regulatory compliance and meeting customer and company guidelines.
- Night Shift Manager as assigned attends Mon-Fri 1400 program meetings to receive turnover and priorities of the programs for his/her shift.
- Weekend Manager attends Friday’s 0830 and 1400 program meeting to receive turnover and priorities of the programs for the weekend.
- Ensure that all equipment located at the MLB hangar location is in a serviceable and working condition.
- Perform daily hangar monitoring inspections to maintain safety and compliance of all operations within the facility.
- Keep upper management as well as all supporting departments informed on all issues and activities pertaining to the management of the facility during assigned shift.
- Performs and recommends management actions related to hiring, scheduling, employee development, coaching, mentoring.
- Any other duties delegated by the DOM, or VP of Operations
- This position reports to the Director of Maintenance and Operations
Educational Background / Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Airframe or Powerplant License
- 5 years’ experience in aircraft heavy maintenance or modification
- 5 years’ supervisory or lead experience in heavy maintenance or modifications
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations pertaining to FAR Part 145 repair station operations
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and presentation skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of Microsoft Office Word and Excel, database software such as AvPro, or similar, email and other web-based applications
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business management or related technical field
- Two (2) years previous management experience at a FAR 145 repair station
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application i.e. (Six Sigma. Lean Principles)
- Possess verbal, written presentation, problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade and/or facilitate discussions with all levels of employees, management & customers
- Proven planning and organizational skills to process, coordinate, prioritize and track workload requirements in a multi-project environment
- Excellent working knowledge of all aspects of maintenance to include mechanical, structural and avionics systems
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
STS Mod Center offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.