Operations Managers (Manufacturing)
Operations Managers (Manufacturing)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Operations Managers in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
Our client in Elk Grove Village, Illinois is adding a Direct Hired Operations Manager to their team. A Full Relocation Package is available. As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for overall site production operations. You will create a work environment which promotes safety, quality and delivery. Effectively develop teams that are able to achieve corporate improvement objectives. Accountable for all aspects of plant production performance while ensuring objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner. Drives best practices through the organization and leads process improvement. You must have printing and lean manufacturing experience, and be floor orientated. We are paying up to $140,000/year+ for the right person!
- Directly, and through delegation, coordinates activities required to assure safety, quality, delivery and cost meet specified targets.
- Assures the compliance of behavior based safety initiatives and continuously improves safety performance.
- Executes on quality control plans for compliance to standards and drives variation reduction within the process.
- Assesses on-time delivery performance and develops actions to improve and sustain high level of performance.
- Holds direct responsibility for managing cost by effective management of labor, overtime and expenditures.
- Reviews and analyzes production reports to determine root causes of variance from budget, and develops and executes corrective actions, using structured root cause analysis, MDI and Policy Deployment methodologies.
- Reviews and analyzes production reports to determine root causes of variance from budget, and develops and executes corrective actions.
- Promotes, prepares and participates in kaizen activities. Sustains results.
- Facilitates the execution of daily gemba walk by assuring the proper utilization of hour by hour, SQDC boards and war room.
- In conjunction with Human Resource Manager, coordinates appropriate “required to operate” and “required on roles” staffing levels. Administers to the RTO on a daily and a shift by shift basis.
- Directs the efforts of plant supervision to ensure the consistent application of human resource policies, procedures, and plant rules. Assures adherence to safety accountability guidelines.
- Coaches and mentors team members to assure their ongoing development
- Stays abreast of new trends and developments in methods, techniques, equipment, tools, materials, and supplies, which might be incorporated into the production process to increase efficiency or better use of resources. Researches and recommends capital equipment purchases.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or Business or equivalent 10 years of staff level leadership experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Operations and/or Lean Management.
- Printing industry experience is required
- Experience in being a change agent in complex transformational activities.
- Significant experience in implementation of Lean principals as they apply to manufacturing operations.
- Ability to apply structured problem solving methodologies to determine root cause of problems and provide effective countermeasures.
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced excel skills
Upon hire you will be offered a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.