Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Operations Managers in West Bend, Wisconsin to direct and lead all aspects of our plant’s manufacturing operations through year-over-year improvements in safety, quality delivery, and cost. This person must possess a continuous improvement mindset and be a champion of LEAD efforts throughout the facility.
- Utilize data driven processes to achieve key performance goals that meet or exceed manufacturing requirements and customer satisfaction. Develop world-class operational standards for measuring and communicating visual metrics related to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory, etc.
- Effective decision making skills regarding utilization of resources, hiring / training, and supporting capital investments to achieve business plan and forecasts.
- Takes ownership and accountability for improving safety throughout the operation and supports the organization’s overall HSSE mission of Goal Zero
- Work with maintenance and subcontractors to ensure plant equipment and the facility is safe and in optimal operating order.
- Partners with union leadership and members to manage daily operations and consistently apply practices and enforce policies. Understand and administer the collective bargaining agreement.
- Drive continuous improvement processes by utilizing World Class/Lean Manufacturing techniques to increasing output and lower costs in manufacturing/assembly areas.
- Work with Staff Management and LEAD Coordinator(s) to develop and execute a LEAD strategy/plan and identify the needs of the business regarding LEAD processes. Utilization of 5S, TPM, SMED tools to drive process discipline and accountability.
- Utilizes Standard Work in all manufacturing processes, developing documentation through involvement of employees at all levels. Improve manufacturing processes for greater efficiencies through work instructions, process flow, visual management, scrap reduction, waste elimination, material usage, material handling and flow, cross-training, etc.
- Support and ensure ISO 9000 processes and procedures are developed and implemented and coordinates preventative measures to enhance system capability. Provide leadership for problem resolution and use formalized root-cause problem solving approaches (5-Why, 4-Block, 8D, etc.) to effectively define problems and drive to solutions.
- Maintain and nurture effective working relationships / communications with key support functions including Engineering, Quality, Finance, Sales and Supply Chain to improve operations and ensure effective support of the manufacturing processes to achieve business objectives.
- Participate in development of staff positions and location succession planning including identifying high-potential subordinates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 7-10 years of proven success in managing plant operations in a world-class manufacturing organization.
- Must have successfully lead and managed by the facilitation of teamwork within the directed functions.
- Demonstrated skills of building processes and teams.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills — both oral and written, demonstrated by the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from production employees, groups of managers, peers and occasionally customers.
- In-depth experience with lean manufacturing methods and continuous improvement mindset.
- Must have demonstrated skills in use of visual management to manage daily operations.
- Passion for root cause analysis and methodical problem solving.
- Solid experience in a manufacturing environment that include CNC machining, welding, painting and low to medium volume assembly.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Proficient in utilizing business systems to access information and use of Microsoft Office software.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.