Operative Buyers (Indirect)
Operative Buyers (Indirect)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Operative Buyers in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Build your career with a leading global manufacturer of high quality construction equipment and compact construction machines. Enjoy the excitement of working for an organization that serves multiple industries, including construction, landscaping, agriculture, and architecture, as well as municipal bodies in applications such as roadbuilding, rail transport and recycling.
At Wacker Neuson, we believe in a culture of mutual respect and agility, built on the values and mindset of a family enterprise. Headquartered in Munich, Germany with our strategically located sales teams and international production sites, Wacker Neuson Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. There is plenty of opportunity for you to build your career with Wacker Neuson.
In the US, enjoy casual work attire with jeans all week, flexible and non-traditional work week schedules, health and well-being programs including an onsite gym at our Menomonee Falls location, and many competitive benefits that will get you excited to choose Wacker Neuson as your next employer.
The Operative Buyer’s primary role is to ensure efficient, smooth operational flow in the procurement of indirect goods and services. This position will implement and execute strategic goals and/or projects in line with direction from Category Management.
Position Location: Menomonee Falls, WI
Remote Work: No
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Operational Procurement Function / Order Execution (“Order Desk”):
- Request quotes (if relevant, request necessary information from departments or buyers), clarify with vendors and consolidate for approval / review by department or Regional Buyer / Category Manager.
- Request completed purchase requisitions from departments.
- Clarifies quality requirements and design with the department.
- Negotiates offers ≤ €5,000 by telephone (price, delivery and payment terms).
- Key user for the indirect purchasing platform “SRM” which involves implementing new procedures and managing new roll outs of the system
- Creates and executes training material and documentation for the indirect purchasing system “SRM”
- Reviews order confirmations, sends reminders and resolves any discrepancies with vendors and departments.
- Monitors delivery dates, send reminders and coordinates with vendor and department to verify process completion.
- Receives and processes complaints, analyzes continuing impairment of performance with vendors and report to the responsible Regional Buyer/Category Manager.
- Reviews price differences and release under the given framework and clarifies with the responsible Regional Buyer/Category Manager and department.
Vendor and Consumer Support (“Support”):
- Prepare data required to evaluate vendors based on set criteria for the competent Strategic Sourcing Partner/Category Manager.
- Receives inquiries concerning operational procurement issues (retrieval processes, delivery dates, responsibilities, conditions, etc.) of the departments via telephone or the CPQ-4 catch-all mailbox, and timely processing or forwarding.
- Receives inquiries and applications from vendors via the CPQ-4 catch-all mailbox or vendor mailbox and forwards to the relevant departments.
- Manages vendors within assigned commodities. contract analysis, spend development, cost savings initiatives, and project management
- Compiles and maintains items and vendor master data in SAP (info records, order books, vendor views, etc.).
- Maintains purchasing systems for decentralized procurement (e.g. eProcurement such as catalog ordering systems, vendor shops, travel portal, etc.).
- Maintains and updates of contract database.
- Tracks compliance rates for master agreements and reporting to the competent Regional Buyer/Commodity Manager for further processing.
- Processes data for preparation of tenders and vendor meetings.
- Provides support services to Strategic Sourcing Partner / Category Manager. This includes project support and data analysis
- Participates in meetings with vendors related to operational topics and follow-up (e.g. taking down minutes).
- Preparation of relevant data for the competent Strategic Sourcing Partner / Category Manager to evaluate vendors according to set criteria.
- Act as central contact person for vendors and departments on operational procurement.
- Responsible to maintain and track document filings.
- Recording of project-related savings following established savings guidelines
Qualifications / Prerequisites:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Production/Operations Management, Supply Chain, or related business program is required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of purchasing experience in a supply chain role within a manufacturing environment is required, preferably with an international company in a senior role.
- Advanced Spanish language skills preferable.
- Experience with ERP system within and manufacturing environment and an understanding of the planning and execution process in the system is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated results through negotiation.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including globally on short notice.
- ISM or APICS certification is preferred and should be started within 2 years of starting this role.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.