Paint Manufacturing Engineer (Level IV)
Paint Manufacturing Engineer (Level IV)STS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Paint Manufacturing Engineer in Melbourne, Florida.
The Paint Manufacturing Engineer IV provides expert judgment to perform complex functions in the design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of manufacturing operations. Prepares complicated plans, conducts support studies, and provides analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing paint operations. Responsibilities are diverse in scope where analysis of situations or data requires technical judgment. Constantly seeks for excellence related to safety and quality aspects and utilizes lean manufacturing to reduce cycle time and cost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Constantly evaluates all phases of the paint process (washing, sanding, coats application, detailing, etc) seeking for excellence in safety, quality, cycle and cost aspects
- Promotes the technical integration between all operations and engineering departments aiming processes improvements implementation, new materials testing and approval, and dissemination of technical knowledge
- Resolves complex paint process problems by collecting and analyzing information; researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques; recommending solutions; reviewing drawings; evaluating processes, components, and materials; resolving design integration issues; developing specifications and safety standards
- Constantly researches new materials, new equipment, new technologies, new methods aiming for the paint process excellence.
- Establishes labor standards, line balancing, and factory layouts to improve process, material flow and labor efficiencies to meet Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost targets
- Assures compliance with all applicable specs and regulations
- Team worker
- Proactive and flexible (scope and time)
- Organized, detail and results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Cope with deadlines and pressured situations
- Willing to learn and to work together with people with different cultures and backgrounds
- Software: MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Lean manufacturing concepts and tools
- First Article Inspection – FAI concept and methodology
- Software: Catia, MES, SAP
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 15+ years aircraft paint process experience
Education & Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Material Engineering
- Advanced Engineering degree, Six Sigma certification
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
General Commitment for All Employees:
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.