Paint Shop Supervisors
Paint Shop SupervisorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Paint Shop Supervisors in Melbourne, Florida.
Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with assembly, painting and flight preparation of the aircraft assuring the proper utilization of the available resources and products to be delivered as scheduled to customers within planned quality and required cost.
- Ensure production outputs in compliance with Production Plan and Embraer standards at expected cost.
- Ensure the formal qualification of production professionals for their activities scope.
- Manage behavior of people under his/her responsibility and support their continuous professional development.
- Ensure allocation of the right people to the activities providing smooth production flow.
- Ensure that all materials and manpower are available when needed.
- Provide input for and assist in evaluating potential events that can impact schedule and or performance.
- Assist the production manager in developing strategies and projects to continuously improve production activities.
- Assist the quality team to track and report technical issues and implement preventive/corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain management tools and reports to monitor performance related to budget and schedule.
- Must be proficient with MES, MS Office, and other computer software tools for developing reports and supervising the department.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Manage the tooling and tools assigned to production.
- Interact with customers and customer support personnel.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BS in Engineering or Aviation Management preferred. Prior work experience coupled with a current/active A&P License may qualify a candidate for the position.
- Prefer 3-5+ years of hands-on experience in People Management.
- Experience painting aircraft required, executive jet/corporate jet experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self starter
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Solid knowledge of Lean Production Concepts.
- Solid working knowledge of aircraft certification and maintenance requirements.
- Understand technical management and quality assurance procedures.
- Able to build, motivate, train, and manage teams.
- Able to coach and develop employee’s talent.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism necessary for working with customers
- Flexible work schedule to support delivery process and meet customer expectations
- Ability to manage and deal with last minute schedule, delivery, and process changes
- Demonstrated working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and other regulations related to managing paint facilities in aircraft/aerospace environment.
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 “Respirator Protection” regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Ability to periodically work outdoors exposed to the elements
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.