Painters (2nd Shift)
Painters (2nd Shift)STS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Painters in Greencastle, Pennsylvania.
- 2nd Shift Core Hours: 4pm to 2 am – Monday through Thursday
In addition to our competitive pay offerings, some of the many reasons to consider a career with JLG:
- $1500 Sign-on Bonus
- 4/10 weekly work schedule.
- Shift Premium
- Annual performance bonus with a 5% goal.
- Tuition reimbursement toward degree programs of up to $10k annually.
- Medical insurance with Rx coverage and Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K program with generous employer match
- Paid Time Off (vacation) program that offers 80 hours in first full year of employment.
- 11 paid Holidays each year
- Company-funded Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Company paid safety footwear and safety prescription eyewear programs
Qualified internal candidates (who have not changed jobs in last 6 months or are not on active discipline) will be considered in the following order:
- Facility (Hykes Road)
- Job Family (Painter)
- Job Level (Level II)
- Service (seniority)
The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company’s diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world’s toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Responsible for the application of paint and other coatings using electrostatic / air assist paint guns and other automotive type paint application devices on JLG products including government / military spec paint.
- Prime, paint, and touchup vehicles with power spray equipment and brushes.
- Mask, unmask, or adjust masking as necessary to ensure specifications are met.
- Sand, wash, and condition parts as necessary.
- Light bodywork may be required.
- Disassemble, clean, repair, adjust and reassemble painting equipment, such as pumps, paint heaters, tanks, spray guns, etc. for proper operation.
- Flush tanks, hoses and guns prior to color changeovers.
- Mix all types of paints for proper color, formula, conditions, viscosity and consistency.
- Perform titrations and mix or adjust chemicals as necessary in paint, zinc, or other processes.
- Apply decals, stencils, and rust-proofing as required.
- Upkeep of work area and equipment which may include preventative maintenance tasks.
- Inspect product before, during, after paint process to ensure specifications are being met.
- Transport, move or guide parts, subassemblies, or assemblies before, during, or after paint process and to next operation.
- This may include moving racks or carts by hand and the use of material handling equipment such as a fork lift or overhead crane.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED
- 6 plus months of painting experience in automotive or heavy vehicle/equipment in a manufacturing, industrial, or automotive body shop. Strong mathematical skills. Basic mechanical aptitude
- Candidate should be able to do assigned work with a minimum amount of direction. Ability to troubleshoot and correct issues as directed
- 1 plus year(s) of painting experience in automotive or heavy vehicle/equipment in manufacturing, industrial, or automotive body shop.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- Safety glasses and safety shoes required at all times. Respirator required when painting and during some paint prep activities. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- On-the-job training.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.