Parts ManagerSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Parts Manager in Charleston, South Carolina.
TICO is an equipment logistics solutions company that has been in business since 1946. While based out of Savannah, TICO has locations throughout the coastal and interior United States. We are looking for a Parts Manager for our Charleston location. ?Our ideal candidate is one who is dependable, value teamwork, has attention to detail, and the ability to create solutions.
In this role, you will oversee operation of parts departments in the Charleston Area. Manage employees in department who receive, organize, and issue parts and equipment at the Charleston Maintenance shop. Operate forklift and pallet lifter to store parts into inventory and/or delivery to maintenance/repair work in process. Provide requested inventoried parts and/or equipment to Charleston Fleet mechanics and service technicians based on work orders and requests from the Shop Supervisor.
- Oversee multiple parts room locations in the Charleston area.
- Manage parts clerks and other department employees.
- Maintain adequate levels for stocked items.
- Interact with customers, vendors, suppliers, mechanics, other employees.
- Order, receive and mark new parts and equipment into the shop inventory stockroom according to the prearranged system. Restock bench stock parts.
- Organize and manage receipt/storage/issue of parts that are shipped to the facility.
- Issue parts and equipment to shop mechanics and service technicians per work orders for repair and maintenance.
- Locate vendor sources for non-standard parts and use a shop truck to pick up parts.
- Maintain vendor file of sources for equipment utilized in maintenance and repair operations.
- Code purchased non-inventory parts/supplies for the chart of accounts.
- Prepare parts and/or equipment for transfer to other Company locations to meet vehicle/equipment maintenance and repair schedules.
- Prepare an inventory of parts in stock.
- Conduct physical inventory counts of parts and equipment as required by management.
- Comply with Company/agency policy/procedures and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Wear required personal protective equipment during the performance of job duties
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Knowledge of the receiving, storage, and inventory process for parts and equipment is helpful.
- Knowledge of administrative clerical procedures and systems such as managing files and records and other office procedures is also necessary.
- Must have good knowledge of part numbers and part usage and understand their applications for use.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to changing maintenance and repair material needs.
- The job requires being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace; and the ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- The ability to adapt to cooperative working relationships with others, as well as careful attention to detail is required.
- The ability to quickly diagnose the source of a problem requires good reasoning ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Strong problem-solving skills are required, as well as the ability to use a diagnostic approach to troubleshoot and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The ability to be exact or accurate in the completion of work is required.
Education & Experience:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is adequate for this position, and six months to one year of related experience and/or training.
- 3-5 years of inventory management experience in a maintenance/repair shop environment would be helpful.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.