STS Technical Services is hiring Parts Managers in Racine, Wisconsin.
The Parts Manager will direct and manage all Parts Department activities to meet sales, market share, profitability, asset management and customer satisfaction goals, while contributing to the overall growth of the dealership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the preparation of annual business plan including marketing and financial plans.
- Achieve Parts Department objectives per annual business plan including sales, market share, profitability
- Personnel related activities and reports including hiring, discipline, compensation, training / development, job performance and evaluations
- Monthly sales meetings with staff to review performance, opportunities, challenges, and programs.
- Review and respond to issues identified in ADP management reports including MGR report, Report No Bin, Report No Cost, Report No Movement, job stack, and others.
- Implement training plan for counter staff via vendor resources
- Core Management – tracking of shipments, credits, monitoring cores owed, core swapping, and employee training.
- Achieve parts inventory turn objectives. Maintain proper inventory mix and levels of parts inventory while minimizing investment in over-age stock. Dealer Inventory Alliance (DIA), surplus returns (DIA, OIE, SIE, cores, etc.), implementation of cycle counting, and consignment inventory management.
- Maintain parts inventory in proper source codes.
- Manage customer returns per policy.
- Full implementation of electronic purchase order system and special order parts (SOR).
- Provide outstanding and professional customer service. Answer all incoming phone calls within three rings, assist customer, request to put on hold or take message, return calls within ten minutes, acknowledge walk in customers/technician immediately upon arrival at parts counter.
- Effective visual display with current featured and/or seasonal items and all items priced.
- Management of effective delivery system within established territory.
- Management of employee scheduling and overtime.
- Ensure inbound and outbound freight recovery from customers per Lakeside policy.
- Consistent, timely review and distribution of vendor communications (i.e. G-Letters) to appropriate staff.
- Maintain current literature / reference library for counter staff, including All-Makes.
- Verify incentive compensation plan performance quarterly.
- Personal presence in marketplace to develop new customer prospects, grow existing ones.
- Manage key vendor and customer relationships.
- Maximize utilization of supplier programs and resources.
- Timely resolution of customer complaints. Address pricing, product or customer service issues with customers
- Customer satisfaction
- Special projects as assigned by the Parts Director or General Manager.
- College degree or equivalent experience in medium and heavy duty truck industry.
- Minimum (5) years’ medium and heavy duty truck parts/service experience
- Customer focused
- Strong management background/experience
- Organizational abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of overall medium and heavy duty truck dealership operations
- Computer skills (PC and business system – i.e. ADP)
- Knowledge of medium and heavy duty truck dealership accounting
- Appreciation of the need for teamwork and sincere desire to contribute as a part of the team
- Excellent communication skills, including an awareness of others and an effective listening ability
- Customer appreciation, a desire to satisfy customers and the ability to instill customer confidence
- An ability to build the team with helpfulness and interaction in an outgoing, approachable manner
- A commitment to customer satisfaction by addressing potential issues proactively
- Honesty and integrity
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-447-0515. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 41831