STS Technical Services has partnered with ARAUCO – a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced wood products for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, ARAUCO manufactures and distributes the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where they are located. As a result, we are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of the team at ARAUCO!
Right now, ARAUCO is hiring Payroll & Benefits Administrators in Grayling, Michigan!
Primary purpose of this role is to serve the needs of internal customers in terms of Payroll and employee benefit administration.
Description of Essential Duties:
- Distribution and allocation of payroll costs in preparation for the general ledger (for accruals and accounting for bi-weekly payroll)
- Administration/payment of monthly gain share and annual profit share payments
- Review and balance payroll input and output reports
- Process terminations including final payouts; EI reporting requirements; records of employment, etc.
- Vacation pay adjustments based on total gross earnings
- All relevant State and Federal Taxation forms
- Process ‘time’ entries for extra time worked; stat holidays; vacations; 12-hour shift adjustments; work boots; safety glasses, etc.
- Submit data file to banks
- Reconcile payroll corrections with backup
- Administration of Garnishments and employee deductions for various plans
- Track employee vacations (outstanding balances, accruals, etc.)
- Staff inquiries and advice as it pertains to Payroll
- Audit Payroll functions as required
- Administer Payroll databases; ensure both are current and congruent with each other
- Process status changes
- Implement software updates
- Bi-weekly remittance of Company and employee contributions to Group Retirement Services
- Staff inquiries and advice as it pertains to Pension, requires detailed knowledge on content of entire Plan filed with the Pension Commission of Ontario
- Pension Plan enrollment
- Posting and distribution of rates of return
- Member of the Pension Committee
- Prepare and submit required forms to Group Retirement Services for staff on…ceasing of payroll deductions…status changes…transfer of funds (locked in and not locked in) from other financial institutions…terminations and withdrawals
- Calculation and remittance of monthly health and welfare premiums
- Administer holidays and vacations
- Respond to reference inquiries and verification of employment inquiries
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate degree in Business or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in payroll & benefit administration
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of welfare plan provisions including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SOX, USERRA, Section 125, and Worker’s Compensation plans
- Extensive knowledge of benefit plans and programs including design and administration
- Knowledge of fiduciary responsibilities and compliance regulations including timely filings of SPDs, SARs, 5500s, etc.
- Experience with an HRIS
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Office Suite
- Trust is a significant attribute for this role
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information in a highly professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build implicit trust
- Strong understanding of theories, principles, and practices of accounting, budgets, finance, and financial recordkeeping
- Excellent time management skills
Organizational Culture/Job Fit:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that provide the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- This includes strong oral and written communication skills and strong listening skills
- Effective organization and time management skills enabling the completion of projects and day-to-day tasks through interruptions with a high attention to detail
- Exhibits high levels of professionalism and discretion, and the ability to consistently maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to follow through on projects and act as a change agent for the company
- Flexibility to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems resourcefully, with out-of-the-box solutions when beneficial
- Demonstrates leadership in team approach to work and fostering the culture at ARAUCO
- Must maintain confidentiality whenever appropriate and maintain professionalism at all times
- Requirement to work some statutory holidays to meet Corporate financial closing deadlines
Key Safety/Housekeeping Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining accessible, secure and organized filing system
- Participates in Area Safety audits
- Participates in Safety training as required
- Manages cost and effectiveness of external recruiting efforts
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 39714