Planners / Schedulers
Planners / SchedulersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Planners / Schedulers in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Build your career with a leading global manufacturer of high quality construction equipment and compact construction machines. Enjoy the excitement of working for an organization that serves multiple industries, including construction, landscaping, agriculture, and architecture, as well as municipal bodies in applications such as roadbuilding, rail transport and recycling.
At Wacker Neuson, we believe in a culture of mutual respect and agility, built on the values and mindset of a family enterprise. Headquartered in Munich, Germany with our strategically located sales teams and international production sites, Wacker Neuson Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. There is plenty of opportunity for you to build your career with Wacker Neuson.
In the US, enjoy casual work attire with jeans all week, flexible and non-traditional work week schedules, health and well-being programs including an onsite gym at our Menomonee Falls location, and many competitive benefits that will get you excited to choose Wacker Neuson as your next employer.
The Planner/Scheduler II’s primary role is the material planning of specific components within a commodity group. This includes setting a production schedule and procuring purchased and manufactured materials to meet the demand put on the factory from Logistics. This position will work independently and lead/facilitate continuous process improvements.
- Position Location: Menomonee Falls, WI
- Remote Work: No
- Agency Engagement: Agencies are not approved to submit
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Shop Floor Planning:
- Analyze and provide visibility of external / internal items needed for FG production orders scheduled (Machines and Kits).
- Coordinates the availability of items needed with Commodity Planner.
- Communicate any risk of schedule compliance to Manufacturing management and Master Scheduler for machines/kits which could be component related, machine down scenarios, resources, etc.
- Coordinates the prioritization of assembly schedule with Commodity Planners to ensure the most efficient flow of production finished goods each week.
- Ensure spare part transfer picklists are complete.
- Schedules and transacts weekly/daily outside warehouse material pulls.
- Resolve delivery outbound issues associated with machines and kits.
- Procure raw materials to meet master production schedule.
- Works with Purchasing to negotiate inventory levels.
- Resolves day to day issues concerning scheduling, quality and delivery problems.
- Maintains the system parameters and utilizes software tools to efficiently execute the planning process.
- Manages excess and obsolete inventory.
- Strives to increase flexibility within the manufacturing environment in order to meet distribution demand.
- Works concurrently with other departments and core teams on new product development projects.
- Coordinates the release of Engineering Change Notices to ensure a successful implementation within the production environment.
Internal Manufacturing Planning:
- Prioritizes internal manufactured parts needed to support parent componentry and final assembly products.
- Manages daily / weekly those exception messages (expedites, defers and cancels) related to internal manufactured parts as a result of master schedule changes, inventory discrepancies to inventory.
- Communicates any potential inventory discrepancies to inventory control personnel.
- Works with Supervisors to ensure on time availability of internally manufactured components.
- Communicates in any risk of schedule compliance to Manager / Supervisors which could be component related, machine down scenarios or others.
- Resolves day to day issues concerning scheduling, inventory discrepancies.
- Manages weekly collective orders, subcontract orders, phase in/out, scrapping of parts and ECN or deviation related planning.
- Leads internal Kanban development, documentation, setup (including SAP) and daily scheduling.
- Creates manufactured orders to support production requirements and desired inventory levels.
- Creates and maintains an achievable production plan which meets Logistics demand.
- Identifies resources and capacity required.
- Reviews all non-standard lead time requests and plans accordingly based on manufacturing constraints.
- Consolidates and communicates production delays to Logistics (LUG).
- Provides detailed measurements to support company goals and objectives.
- Utilizes the measurements to track progress in achieving company goals.
- Performs all job functions is a safe manner and maintains safety awareness.
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices and/or conditions to supervisor.
Qualifications / Prerequisites:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Production Operations or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of planning experience.
- APICS, CPIM, or CIRM certification is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and Access.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.