STS Technical Services has partnered with ARAUCO – a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced wood products for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, ARAUCO manufactures and distributes the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where they are located. As a result, we are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of the team at ARAUCO!
Right now, ARAUCO is hiring Plant Engineers in Grayling, Michigan!
Perform the duties required involving application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of own field and related sciences and disciplines. Executes duties with a view to achieving mill efficiency, continuous improvement, employee safety and cost savings.
Description of Essential Duties:
- Apply scientific principles as directed, investigate appropriate methods/procedures and proposes integration into engineering projects
- General contributor in application of engineering and scientific principles to meet technical requirements
- Propose technical concepts, plan for implementation, review technical progress, review design tests, review performance data, and suggest solutions to technical problems
- Interact with other technical personnel sharing general advice, training and technical guidance
- Overall site management of Capital and Engineering coordination.
- Participates in Annual Plan development
- Ensure the appropriate internal and external resource is applied to equipment and process issues and initiatives
- Ensure there is a focus on the key metrics that drive business results
- Overall responsibility for management and optimization of internal energy consumption (hog/gas/elect)
- Oversight for all engineering documents and control of same
- Overall responsibility for Cost Savings Initiatives
- Supports Maintenance and Operations in key reliability improvement initiatives
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in engineering; Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ of engineering experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strategic cost management skills
- Strong process, analytical and data analysis skills; simplify complex situations, identify key issues, problem solve
- Sound decision-making abilities
- Vision for future state of process equipment and continual improvement
- High level of troubleshooting ability
- Ability to Effectively communicate and share knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Organizational Culture/Job Fit:
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Actively participates in operations & maintenance initiatives
- Is a leader in team approach to work and fostering the culture at ARAUCO
- Experience with the ability to adapt quickly in a varied work environment, be sensitive to diverse cultural differences, build relationships, and work successfully at all levels
- Effective problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Sound reasoning, judgment, objectivity, and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Provide technical and resource support to maintenance for chronic, ongoing reliability issues, and when heavy burden exists
Key Safety/Housekeeping Responsibilities:
- Maintain files orderly
- Demonstrates through use and participation the understanding of all required safety policies and procedures
- Works actively to maintain housekeeping responsibilities
- Participates in mill safety audits
- Maintains lockout certifications as assigned
- Participates in weekend on-call responsibilities
- Overall responsible for Capital and Consulting budget
- Specific signing authority for all capital and consulting, and energy expenditures
- Budget Accounts include; capital, consulting, natural gas, electricity
- Documentation Specialist
- Energy Management
If you have questions, please contact Aynsley.Trudeau@sts-ts.com – Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!