STS Technical Services has partnered with ARAUCO – a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced wood products for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, ARAUCO manufactures and distributes the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where they are located. As a result, we are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of the team at ARAUCO!
Right now, ARAUCO is hiring a Plant Manager in Grayling, Michigan!
Sustainability is paramount at ARAUCO-NA and, consequently, we are looking for a high energy professional who empowers employees to deliver exceptional business results and who will play a key role in driving a variety of leadership initiatives to sustain the mill operations into the future. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of coaching employees for success and to meet the wide array of expectations in a highly competitive business environment.
We are looking for a Plant Manager that:
- Inspires others to do their best
- Broad understanding of mill operations
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and generate results
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Vision for future state of the business and continuous improvement plan
- Strong financial knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ensure the Vision, Mission, and Core Values are promoted and embedded within operation of complex
- Ensure Operate and Maintain philosophy is maintained
- Overall responsible for team-based culture, Business Teams, and job rotation
- Ensure there are clearly defined expectations and accountability throughout the organization
- Lead for community relations, and ensuring a positive company Image
- Successfully completed a post-secondary degree or diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Plant Manager role, or 10 years’ experience in a Production Management role overseeing a sizable organization
- Demonstrated people management skills, including team building, empowering employees and effective mill-wide communications
- Demonstrated interaction with and understanding of customer needs
- Focus on continuous improvement, accountability, and leads by example
- Budgeting and key metric management experience
- A demonstrated history of success in managing a variety of functional areas for a business, including:
- An understanding of and a desire to continually improve safety systems for the prevention of employee injuries and a proven history of achieving solid safety performance
- An understanding of metrics that drive the financial success of the business
- Being a ‘bridge builder’ between functional areas of the business and operating crews
- The mill’s organizational structure, staffing levels, compensation systems and annual plan development
- Empathetic of employee needs in support of the Company goal of being an “Employer of Choice”
- Ability and willingness to travel to support the business as required
- Management experience in manufacturing or similar
- Experience utilizing a variety of systems (electronic) used to manage and track business results
- Experience working w/ cross-functional groups like Human Resources, Engineering, Finance, Maintenance, or Production
- Experience as a liaison for the Company with government agencies, community organizations, competitors and with senior company leadership
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a team-based organization
- Experience in succession planning for future business success
Plus (Not Required):
- Wood products industry experience, such as engineered panels, forestry or pulp and paper
- Experience in SAP
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-447-0515. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 40234