STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring PLC Technicians in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The PLC Technician is responsible for keeping up with any down machines in the plant and new projects being done in house
- Main responsibilities Troubleshoots production equipment problems to determine root cause, which may include programming issues, equipment issues, hardware issues, and providing feedback to maintenance/production staff on disposition
- Executes modifications to programming of PLC’s, HMI’s, robot controls, vision systems within prescribed policies to either resolve downtime issues, account for machine/work cell modifications, drive productivity improvements or modify manufacturing processes
- Maintains a daily record of programming changes for documentation in departmental records
- Reviews non-standard programming modifications with Controls Engineer/Supervisor to ensure they are compliant with department standards
- Provides recommendations to Controls Engineer/Supervisor to improve machine productivity/safety/efficiency
- Education Associates Degree in Automation Technology/Instrumentation/Programming or related field (not Electromechanical)
- Languages English
- Technical skills 4-5 years’ experience with controls, PLC’s (Allen Bradley or Siemens), sensors, HMI (human machine interface), vision systems
- Strong Troubleshooter
- PLC Programming experience: ability to understand and manipulate PLC code
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
- Soft skills Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple levels in the organization
- Results oriented
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.