Port Operations Coordinators
Port Operations CoordinatorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Port Operations Coordinators in Atlanta, Georgia.
Manage import operations from remote locations through the North American ports and export operations from our domestic mills to markets abroad. Manage order fulfillment process and order prioritization to assure an optimal service level to our customers. Monitor and control the cost of the port operations with our 3PLs to keep it within budget. Reconcile and maintain accurate inventory at our 3PL network. Provide reporting to Management for all necessary functions of the Supply Chain.
- Monitor the vessel board for incoming material to assigned 3PLs, communicating with facilities for planned and prompt receipt.
- Receive, manipulate and transmit master files to assigned facilities on a daily basis
- Monitor for OS&D of assigned terminals, communicating receipt of material to relevant parties within the company.
- Transfer daily incoming material from OS&D into sales stock
- Prioritize and expedite orders to fit customer needs.
- Track shipments and report any Supply Chain issues to Sales and management team.
- Coordinate DAT cargo availability and pickup with facility and assigned customers.
- Post all inbound POP’s for all previous days business in the SAP
- Perform goods issue for all orders shipped the prior day for all inventory types
- Perform weekly reconciles of inventory between our system and warehouse to maintain effective inventory management.
- Review open orders on a daily basis, working to close all open orders expeditiously and notify the Transportation team of any missed appointment.
- Maintain firm visibility and inventory of all damaged and/or returned product in assigned facilities
- Conduct on-site inventory counts as assigned by management.
- Assist assigned facilities in order fulfillment
- Knowledge of US Customs and Trade Policies.
- Evaluate Transportation Modes and continue monitoring Supply Chain effectiveness.
- Participate in Logistics Network Design.
- Provide Monthly Reporting for all Logistics Processes including costs and performance measures.
- Provide recommendations for transportation planning.
- Other duties as assigned by the company
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4 year college degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy/knowledge including Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Exceptional knowledge of MS Excel software is preferred.
- Experience in SAP, MS Access and Qlikview preferred.
- Ability to multi-task
- Collecting and researching data
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate workflow.
- Precise and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to work as a team and assist other team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to use hands to type, handle or feel. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and adjust focus. The physical dexterity of the position calls for bending and lifting up to 25 lbs that would be needed while conducting a physical on-site inventory count and while on the job. 40+ hours per week. 50 with occasional work in weekends as required. Must be able to travel when assigned by management.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.