Power Electronics Engineers
Power Electronics EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Power Electronics Engineers in Mountain View, California.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with senior engineers on technology development strategy supporting current and future benchmarks for weight, package, performance, efficiency, and cost.
- Design and analyze scalable power electronics solutions to be applied across a range of low-voltage and high-voltage electric vehicles for a global market.
- Perform worst-case circuit simulations to predict efficiency and thermal performance limits, support end-of-line testing, and to estimate quality and reliability metrics.
- Support design-, specification- and architecture-reviews to demonstrate and drive the application of robust technical solutions.
- Support laboratory tests planning for power electronics components, including EMI/EMC performance of EV powertrain components and power distribution systems.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define, document, and prove out component manufacturing strategy, including inline and end-of-line testing solutions.
- Define and document system and component requirements, function definition, block diagrams, DFMEA, DVP/R, and other technical specifications, as required.
- Support issue tracking process (JIRA) and provide expert feedback on resolution status.
- Leverage H-D’s extensive product development assets including team members in Milwaukee, test labs, proving grounds and expert product development capabilities to deliver best-in-class performance, usability and quality.
- Contribute to overall conformance to well-adopted international standards including ISO26262-Rev2, as well as global regulatory requirements.
Strong foundation in knowledge of power electronics products for EV powertrain: AC/DC converters, Battery Chargers, Inverters, EMI filters, and high voltage power distribution. Hands-on experience in power electronics hardware development: design, debugging and validation.
Experience in the following is also preferred:
- Approximately 3-7 years’ experience in power semiconductor circuit design for AC-to-DC and/or DC-to-AC converters.
- Working knowledge of power transistor gate drive circuits.
- Demonstrated understanding of power semiconductor switching waveforms, loss modeling and thermal management.
- Experience with power levels from 500W to 50kW+.
- General understanding of EMI/EMC design best practices.
- Application knowledge or experience with wide band gap semiconductors including GaN and SiC.
- Power Electronics laboratory experience. Knowledge of data acquisition tools – LabView / Veristand, CANalyzer, Neo VI, etc.
- Understanding of development requirements for OEM production programs (DVPR).
- Design for Manufacturing, Design for Reliability, DFMEA and fault trees.
- Experience supporting New Product Introduction (NPI)
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.