Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Powerplant Engineers in Savannah, Georgia.
Candidates should have experience with:
- Aircraft turbine engine installations including nacelles, inlet, thrust reverser and engine build-up
- FAA Part 25/EASA CS-25 certification of powerplant system components, including qualification test requirements, test plans, test witnessing, data analysis, and reporting.
- Requirements and testing of components in designated fire zones, flammable fluid zones and on firewalls
- Coordinating with engine and nacelle suppliers to meet system and component design, test and certification requirements
- General knowledge of aircraft turbine engine operation and performance
- Experience with aircraft fuel systems and components including wing fuel tanks, delivery, refuel and fuel quantity measurement
- Familiarity with Fuel Tank Ignition Prevention per Part 25.981
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.