Powerplant Technical Representatives
Powerplant Technical RepresentativesSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Powerplant Technical Representatives in Florence, Kentucky.
Responsible for overseeing on-site Engine, APU, Thrust Reverser maintenance including performance restorations, hospital visits, and any other Powerplant and component related off wing maintenance. Monitor engine maintenance cost and technical performance data and lead repair and process solutions. Responsible for oversight of the Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO).
Values and Behavioral Standards:
To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Oversees the execution of contractual requirements at Powerplant MRO’s
- Responsible for accurate budget input/analysis for powerplant.
- Provides operational and financial reporting metrics of Powerplant shop visits.
- Evaluate and manage engine workscoping with Powerplant MRO.
- Work in partnership with Powerplant Engineering to optimize workscopes and enhance maintenance cost throughout the life cycle of the engine.
- Requisition parts required to support engines/APU’s during heavy maintenance
- Coordinates with Powerplant Materials to ensure timely availability of compliant parts.
- Oversees engines inducted for warranty repairs and capture lessons learned to revise workscopes for future Powerplants.
- Monitor and evaluate quotes and invoices for powerplant shop visits.
- Collaborate with Powerplant Program Managers to outline strategic outlook for off Wing Powerplant requirements including forecasting of Powerplant requirements.
- Utilize performance metrics to drive positive business results
- Deliver financial forecasts for Powerplant events (including monthly budgeting & financial variances for operating & capital plans, in conjunction with Finance and Powerplant Teams)
- Liaise with manufacturers; repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help minimize the economic impact.
- On-site oversite of Powerplant program at engine/APU/Thrust Reverser/component MRO.
- Accountable for the configuration control and maintenance of Powerplants/components at the MRO
- On-site review of Powerplant teardowns, repairs, build up and test cell
- Perform quarterly scrap reviews to determine and push serviceability limits.
- The liaison between the airline and the shops (MRO)
- Coordinate shop visit requirements with MRO’s
- Lead & coordinate Powerplant/Component shop visits (including developing technical bid spec documents, leading shops for each work scope for completion, monitoring & overseeing shop visits, and financial planning & forecasting for each event, and coordinate with Finance Department)
Technical Operations 4-26-2018
- Establish component repair and build specifications to enhance dispatch reliability in accordance with budgetary and regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as directed by Powerplant Cost Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience;
- 5-8 years of related Powerplant experience required, preferably at Airline and/or Powerplant Repair Station
- Powerplant Engineering background is a plus.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate is a plus.
- Engine work scoping knowledge
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong team, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Disciplined planner that produces successful outcomes.
- Highly collaborative and strong consensus builder
- Takes pride and ownership of all responsibilities and ensures success
- Desire and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.