Principal Electrical Engineers (Vehicle System Integration)
Principal Electrical Engineers (Vehicle System Integration)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Principal Electrical Engineers in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
More About the Role:
As a Principal Electrical Engineer you will be a technical leader, leading the design, validation, and troubleshooting of complex electrical and electronic systems for existing and new vehicles at McNeilus.
This position offers the flexibility of operating partially-remotely for the right candidate.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Plan and direct the technical aspects of vehicle system integration research, development, verification, validation, and production implementation
- Conduct independent research on new technologies and establish system requirements
- Responsible for developing electrical strategies and schematics to control and integrate electrical control systems with hydraulic systems. Should be able to use modeling tools or hardware-in-the-loop simulators and transferring simulated strategies to vehicle testing and eventual production implementation
- Assist or direct feasibility studies and project estimates (manpower, equipment, budget development, and timelines etc.) on proposed projects
- Support or direct proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various control development efforts
- Provide insight to engineering design teams and mentoring to other engineers as needed based on expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with focus on electrical or controls
- Five or more years of related experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering with focus on Electrical
- Experience and schooling focused on electrical systems development
- System integration experience
- Vehicle experience
- Embedded software experience (especially C)
- Experience with CAN J1939
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.