Principal Engineers (Hydraulic Systems)
Principal Engineers (Hydraulic Systems)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Principal Engineers in Hagerstown, Maryland.
Perform hydraulic technical leadership in high level analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope. This is a non-supervisory position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability.
- Create and maintain project documentation for analysis, research, and historical records.
- Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material for hydraulic systems.
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of hydraulic components and systems as well as materials that meet the requirements.
- Perform job duties in an ethical and professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication.
- Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented.
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others.
- Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success.
- Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives.
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations.
- MS/ME Degree with 4 to 6 years or BS Degree with 6 to 8 years relevant hydraulic experience in an engineering environment.
- Advanced knowledge of technical fundamentals of hydraulic engineering.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products.
- Basic knowledge of Automation Studio.
- Basic knowledge of Creo or similar CAD software.
- Possess skills in presenting and reporting technical data before a cross functional audience.
- Show ability to adequately respond to inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Proven ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Basic knowledge of the APQP process.
- Ability to initiate and execute projects with minimal guidance while demonstrating proficient project management skills.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Hold certification as Hydraulic Specialist granted by International Fluid Power Society or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a heavy equipment industry.
- Previous experience in mobile hydraulic system design and/or validation.
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems.
- Experience in hydraulic / fluid systems modeling and analysis.
- Experience with test instrumentation and data acquisition equipment.
- Hands-on experience with installation and troubleshooting of hydraulic systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.