Principal Engineers (Machine Intelligence)
Principal Engineers (Machine Intelligence)STS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
Non-supervisory engineering position within a company and exceeded by a Senior Principal or Chief (principal) engineer in technically oriented organization. Work within advanced engineering groups regarding development of control strategy for advanced vehicle control systems. Controls work encompasses control strategy development and verification for hybrid electric vehicles and components (motors, drives, engines, generators, energy storage cells etc.), autonomous vehicle systems, advanced suspensions, material handling and other auxiliary equipment for on-road and off-road applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct the technical aspects of advanced vehicle system controls research, development, verification and validation, testing and production implementation.
- Conduct independent research and development on new technologies and establish requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) according to the needs of a project.
- Responsible for developing control strategies in a virtual simulation environment using modeling tools (such as ADAMS, AMSIM, Vedyna and Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow etc.) or hardware-in-the-loop simulators and transferring simulated strategies to vehicle testing and eventual production implementation.
- Work with internal and external (vendors, industry consortiums, or universities etc.) project teams on advanced control development efforts under the guidance of a supervisor with minimum supervision.
- Assist or direct feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, and timelines etc.) on proposed projects.
- Support or direct proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various advanced control development efforts.
- Provide insight to engineering design teams and mentoring to low level engineers as needed based on expertise.
- Have the essential controls education background or in-depth work-related experiences
- Strong time management, communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong presentation skills and able to confidently interface internal or external customers.
- Follow the directions of the supervisor very efficiently and provide feedback on the technical hurdles and progresses with clarity and assess the priorities based on business needs
- Complete the tasks under the guidance on mutually agreed schedule between the candidate and the supervisor/program manager with minimum mentoring
- Strongly motivated in learning new technologies and skills in controls fields
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 8-plus years related experience or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 5-plus years related experience or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 2 years related experiences.
- Automotive or heavy-duty vehicle background with vehicle control system experiences
- Work experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle CAN bus and architecture
- Work experience in Mathworks, dSPACE or Vector tools and Autosar Embedded software development experiences using C/C++/C# or Python a plus
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.