Principal Firmware Engineers
Principal Firmware EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Principal Firmware Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
The Principal Firmware Engineer will manage a team in the design of new firmware architectures, applications and libraries to ensure on-time delivery and requirements are met. You will interface with cross-functional teams to understand system design requirements and translate them into embedded requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and refine engineering requirements based on marketing and user needs.
- Lead design and implementation of embedded software systems.
- Peer-review software designs and source code.
- Establish and execute test procedures for software applications and subsystems.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
- Lead agile project teams through the new product development process.
- Drive continuous improvement of development operations (DevOps).
- Effectively manage a technical team and provide technical guidance to achieve cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of experience with embedded C/C++.
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Knowledge and practical experience in all software development lifecycle phases.
- Experience developing bare-metal firmware designs.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer reviews.
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets; basic understanding of digital circuits and interaction between firmware and electronics.
- Demonstrated ability using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Leadership or project management experience.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.