Principal Motor Control Engineers
Principal Motor Control EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Principal Motor Control Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
The Principal Motor Control Engineer leads and manages a team of engineers focused on developing and delivering cutting edge motor control for power tools. Working with motor, firmware, and embedded system design engineers, you will serve as a technical expert helping to roadmap, define, and design novel motor control algorithms for Milwaukee Tool.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategic roadmap planning for motor control-based power tool features, resource allocation and scope management, project management, oversight of technical review / design decisions
- Work in a team environment as a technical leader with embedded system, firmware, and motor design engineers, product development engineers, and marketing.
- Assess the product roadmap and set control development strategy for achieving key new power tool features.
- Champion technology investigations including system requirements, architecture definitions, and reusability strategies.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gantt charts, root cause analysis, and presentation skills.
- Establish and maintain a strong awareness and database of competitive offerings, product strategies, and business climate to shape a best-in-class roadmap.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization’s needs.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Develop plans to evaluate and assess the emerging technology market space to fit/compliment Milwaukee Tool product initiatives and development.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in embedded motor control design.
- 3+ years of leadership, teaching or mentoring experience.
- Experience with model-based control development utilizing hardware in-the-loop systems such as dSPACE.
- Familiarity with inverter design and gate driver topologies; electric machine design; voltage and current sensing techniques and technology.
- Experience designing and developing real-time control systems.
- Experience and familiarity with C/C++.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Familiarity with machine learning.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.