Principal Safety Engineers (Vehicle & Military Systems)
Principal Safety Engineers (Vehicle & Military Systems)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Principal Safety Engineers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Looking for an experienced System Safety Engineer is needed in the Product Reliability & Safety Department. This role would be for the larger unstaffed programs that are forthcoming. This role would include guiding the vehicle designs with respect to user Safety and Human Factors needs. This includes direct interaction with the program customers to identify and adjudicate vehicle hazards and how they are to be mitigated based on the overarching ISO26262 and MIL-STD-882E methodologies. The System Safety lead works closely with the design engineering teams in design reviews and ECPs to determine impacts to Safety and Human Factors.
How You Can Make A Difference:
- Perform analyses of vehicle components and subsystems, that will include layouts, diagrams, bills of material, and drawings/schematics of components and assemblies with supporting calculations, (reliability impact, repair times, safety hazards, tradeoffs) in support of the overall vehicle design with minimal supervision.
- Conduct risk assessment studies and analyses of changes/issues affecting Reliability/Safety and report risks accordingly in the Risk Matrix.
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and internal Reliability/Safety standards.
- Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way.
- Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
- Supervise other Reliability / Safety Engineers.
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations.
- Ensure the program defines and collects evidence in meeting established Reliability/Safety requirements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and participates in Integrated Project Team (IPT) meetings, system design meetings, program engineering review and change board meetings.
- Plan, host and support Working Groups (WGs) to validate the system’s design to meet requirements.
- Participate in the development of testing activities to assure Reliability/Safety requirements are met.
- Review and provide input to Systems Engineering, Design and Software documentation consistent with project phase to include requirements development, design, development, verification, test methods and performance verification Review.
- Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), support Configuration Control Board (CCB) Represent the PR&S department during meetings Interpret military program requirements and develop necessary plans to meet contract requirements.
- Focus on philosophy, Failure Analysis/Corrective Action (FA/CA), applying RAM and Safety principles into designs and forward into production
- Safety, Human Factors:
- Develop, deliver, update and maintain Safety Assessment Reports, Hazardous Materials Management Plans, Hazard Tracking Logs, Human Systems Integration Logs.
- Work closely with customer to develop Safety Cases, collaborates hazard mitigations and residual risk and obtain Safety Releases/Certifications.
- Ensure hazard controls are properly implemented and verified Independently analyzes and recommends safety features and controls for system design, software, training and procedures to mitigate or eliminate hazards Vehicle walkthroughs – how to make things better (BASF)
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-plus years reliability and maintainability or system safety experience
- High computer application literacy including Microsoft Office Suite
- U.S. Citizen or equivalent
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Able to travel in support of customer meetings and reviews
Qualifications We’d Love For You To Have:
- Experience with a high level cad system
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Knowledge of MIL 882 and ISO 26262
- Experience with human factors safety , defense projects, OSHA, Environmental Safety and Occupational Health, and Product Safety
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with system/software/hardware design, verification and validation processes.
- Ability to solve complex problems by leveraging available resources and research
- Well organized and have excellent attention to detail and thoroughness accomplishing assigned tasks from inception through completion in a multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in performing Hazard Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis.
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2019 & 2020
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.