STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Process Engineers in Dallas, Texas.
Position Title: Process Engineer
Location: Dallas TX 75243
Shift: 1st Shift – Direct Hire
As a Process Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for equipment, process development, and sustaining activities for Infrared Detector packaging operations. This job requires developing, documenting and maintaining processes for assembly of cryogenic packages (Dewars) for IR detectors. The applicant must have experience in process development for backend assembly operations in at least several of the following areas: laser and resistance welding, seam sealing, mechanical and optical dimensional measurement, vacuum systems, and familiarity with motion control & vision systems.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Experience with packaging practices and processes
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
- Mentor and coach the work of others as assigned
- Ability to conceive tooling and generate fabrication drawings using ProE and/or ACad
- Experience in physical properties testing, failure analyses and techniques (e.g. SEM, Auger, FTIR)
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and interpret GD&T
- Ability to operate various types of mfg or process equipment to conduct complex assignments
- Proficiency with electronic instruments and test equipment
- Demonstrated innovative process development ability
- Familiarity with analytical methods; ability to follow a DOE precisely and make sound decisions when deviations are identified
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a related mechanical field required
- Self-starter with excellent verbal communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work with minimum direction/supervision
- Mature, professional, positive, and possess a “can-do” attitude
- Computer literate & skilled in use of MS Office
- Able to work in Class 100 Clean Room
- Flexible and able to perform a wide variety of tasks and processes
- Detail-oriented, creative problem-solver
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with resistance and laser weld equipment
- Experience/familiarity with digital cameras and microscopes
- Experience with infrared imaging systems and opto-mechanical design
- Structural and Thermal FEA modeling experience
- Electronics packaging experience
- Statistical Process Control
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you have questions and want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.